ShenZhen Tailor..

ShenZhen Tailor..

I know its been asked a few times before, but I'm heading to ShenZhen for the weekend and would love to hear some tailor recommendations. A few friends were over there recently and had suits/shirts/jackets made at random tailors and none were happy with the final products.

Basically I have a few trousers and shirts that I would like replicated. That is all. So I won't need fittings, etc. I'm just after great craftsmanship and quality materials.

I've heard 'shop 21' is okay. Any other recommendations?

Cheers.

no body? ... ...

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bump

jgl

"Basically I have a few trousers and shirts that I would like replicated. That is all. So I won't need fittings, etc. I'm just after great craftsmanship and quality materials."

They're probably the two things you won't get in Shenzhen. Why don't you use a tailor in Hong Kong instead?

After trying a few tailors in HK my husband has now firmly committed to NEVER getting anything made in HK. (and Shenzhen is no better). No matter how much you stress - copy this exactly as is!' they don't get it. We have always tried expensive tailors and used good material but still to no avail.

My recommendation, there are good sales on in the shops already. Get something off the shelf and if you have to, get it taken in from there. If you're too large for off the shelf in HK then I guess you have no choice but a tailor. I've heard that a woman called Annie (shenzhen) is good and I am getting her to copy some very basic stuff at the moment, t-shirts, dresses etc. My friends have used her for years and admittedly the shop was very busy, full of westerners and locals waiting to be fitted. I didn't see any men however. I can't recall the number of the shop but this is the phone number. 0018675582345363

jgl

I've had a shirt copied by a tailor here and it was a freakishly good duplicate. Then again, it was a fairly straightforward dress shirt. This was from Tai Pan. It certainly wasn't cheap, but it was good.