Like Tree28Likes

How much Lai See to give this year?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How much Lai See to give this year?

So...just wondering, given the likely reduced amount of the usual local family visits and gathering during CNY, there will be less need to give lai see, right? How many have you prepared? How many do you plan to give?

Just 40 dollars each for two little girls of my Chinese neighbour. I hope that doesn't sound too miserly, if not thrifty. I might receive some from the elderly couple living with them, though ( I used to politely refuse the lai see but I realized it'd only be a sign of disrespect).

Coolboy and blandy62 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    Just 40 dollars each for two little girls of my Chinese neighbour.
    As long as its 20 per red packet and not 40 in 1 red packet so i hope you are giving each girl 2 red packets, then its fine
    Coolboy and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    As long as its 20 per red packet and not 40 in 1 red packet so i hope you are giving each girl 2 red packets, then its fine
    Yep, 20 per packet. Is that toooooooo low? But I'm thinking about making it 50 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    So...just wondering, given the likely reduced amount of the usual local family visits and gathering during CNY, there will be less need to give lai see, right? How many have you prepared? How many do you plan to give?
    10$ to random people like security guards / cleaners in our building / estate, also to the supermarket workers
    20$ to known peoples/friends kids
    50$ to relatives kids
    500$ to my own kid
    10K$ to my mrs for CNY who then uses some of it to give to her mother Thats her CNY money from me

I bought myself 2 radio control cars to play with LOL so that is gift to myself instead of Lai See
    Coolboy and timonoj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    Yep, 20 per packet. Is that toooooooo low? But I'm thinking about making it 50 each.
    50$ each increases their love for you a lot
    Coolboy likes this.

Aye Sir, fifty it shall be, then.

Did you all see HSBC eLaisee?

New normal, same blessings – Try out the eLaisee now

Ready to celebrate the 'ox'picious Lunar New Year? Send red packets using Faster Payment System (FPS) on the HSBC HK App or Online Banking. It's a safe, secure way to start the year!

Coolboy likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Yeah, but then the effect only last a little while..at least for the security guards at your apartment. After CNY, they often return to their normal surly selves. Or am I too cynical?

Quote Originally Posted by Editor:
    Did you all see HSBC eLaisee?

New normal, same blessings – Try out the eLaisee now

Ready to celebrate the 'ox'picious Lunar New Year? Send red packets using Faster Payment System (FPS) on the HSBC HK App or Online Banking. It's a safe, secure way to start the year!
    Hehehe. Surely more environmentally friendly!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast