Like Tree144Likes

Food Delivery Riders

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Food Delivery Riders

I just got nearly got run over by one of these nut jobs who think they're riding around in Calcutta. They seem to be in a stupid hurry to get their job done and dont follow rules of the road. Just pisses me off that they bring their bad driving habits here and potentially put us all in danger.

Where can I report these people?

Sage likes this.

Instead of reporting people who "bring" bad driving habits "here", you may want to invest that energy into learning more about "here".

It's not only Hong Kong. There have been 5 uber eats delivery riders killed in Sydney in the last 6 months, and Uber don't give a shit about them and they don't get any compensation for death/injury, etc

Delivery rider deaths in 2020
    Dede Fredy, September 27, Sydney (Uber)
    Xiaojun Chen, September 30, Sydney (Hungry Panda)
    Chow Khai Shien, October 24, Melbourne (DoorDash)
    Bijoy Paul, November 21, Sydney (Uber)
    Ik Wong, November 23, Sydney (Uber)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-...k-out/13118130

shri, Skyhook and Coolboy like this.

And then there is China ... food delivery / gig drivers are overworked by the algorithms that control their payouts.

tf19 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil_666:
    I just got nearly got run over by one of these nut jobs who think they're riding around in Calcutta. They seem to be in a stupid hurry to get their job done and dont follow rules of the road. Just pisses me off that they bring their bad driving habits here and potentially put us all in danger.

Where can I report these people?
    These people??

Casual racism is rife with you isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    It's not only Hong Kong. There have been 5 uber eats delivery riders killed in Sydney in the last 6 months, and Uber don't give a shit about them and they don't get any compensation for death/injury, etc

Delivery rider deaths in 2020
    Dede Fredy, September 27, Sydney (Uber)
    Xiaojun Chen, September 30, Sydney (Hungry Panda)
    Chow Khai Shien, October 24, Melbourne (DoorDash)
    Bijoy Paul, November 21, Sydney (Uber)
    Ik Wong, November 23, Sydney (Uber)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-...k-out/13118130
    How do they get the visas to work in Australia? I thought Australia doesn't allow unskilled workers in.

It seems to be getting increasingly competitive as the barrier to entry is quite low. I have a few mates that signed up to do Uber eats delivery on the weekends just to get some exercise and fresh air despite working office jobs. I also saw a teenage Caucasian kid the other day who appeared to be carrying a deliveroo order.

If delivery is your primary source of income, I would sympathize with the the need to hustle.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    It seems to be getting increasingly competitive as the barrier to entry is quite low. I have a few mates that signed up to do Uber eats delivery on the weekends just to get some exercise and fresh air despite working office jobs. I also saw a teenage Caucasian kid the other day who appeared to be carrying a deliveroo order.

If delivery is your primary source of income, I would sympathize with the the need to hustle.
    Sorry. Not at the cost of putting the rest of our lives in danger.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil_666:
    Sorry. Not at the cost of putting the rest of our lives in danger.
    To be fair, local drivers are much scarier than getting clipped by a lightweight bike.

My first year in HK, I came within centimeters of getting mowed down by a Bentley who's driver was looking at his phone whilst turning on Hollywood / Possession street. I still get the willies whenever I walk by that intersection as it's the closest to death experience I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    These people??

Casual racism is rife with you isn’t it?
    What's wrong or racist about what I've said? They're a group of people who are riding around doing their deliveries. Those who drive recklessly should be penalised.
    Coolboy and Insomnia like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast