Like Tree105Likes

Police visit

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    that's really odd. With the New Security Law they don't really need anything, they just say you are a threat to national security.

Maybe one of the neighbor smelled weed and called the cops. Or your annoying neighbor upstairs (is he local?) is being petty and will try everything to make you leave.
    Yeah, well they did not conduct a NSL raid here.. but yes, lets drag that in too.
    rs4 and hike like this.

Upstairs neighbors are a nightmare and we've complained about them many times (in person and to management). It was the first thing that popped into my head. They just walked around the flat, sniffing. I wasn't thinking clearly and just panicked- telling them I had no idea what they were talking about- because honestly there is no weed here! If it IS real, how did they get the warrant???

in worst case scenario, they woulda just play the NSL card. Nothing you can do

Quote Originally Posted by christelledavis:
    Upstairs neighbors are a nightmare and we've complained about them many times (in person and to management). It was the first thing that popped into my head. They just walked around the flat, sniffing. I wasn't thinking clearly and just panicked- telling them I had no idea what they were talking about- because honestly there is no weed here! If it IS real, how did they get the warrant???

If it IS real, how did they get the warrant???
    It is close to 9AM. Your nearest police station should be open and staffed. Find the nearest report room and contact them to find out if the warrant is real and if you can get a copy of it.

https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/contact_us.html
    emx, Elegiaque and hullexile like this.

Were they wearing gloves while they searched your apartment?

Are the noisy neighbours locals?

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Were they wearing gloves while they searched your apartment?

Are the noisy neighbours locals?
    They just walked around the flat, sniffing.
    ^^^ - Were they wearing face gloves! Masks
    emx likes this.

It seems a bit extreme, but could it possibly be thieves searching for the flat? Is there someway to add extra security?

Sorry to hear about this.

Noisy neighbors are local - they are multi generational family in two apartments upstairs that move furniture at 3am, karaoke sessions etc

No gloves and wore masks but pulled them down to sniff in each room.

Wrote in a small notebook that they didn't find anything, asked me for ID and to sign the notebook.

Asked specifically for my husband and told me to call him to come home.

(Most of the conflict with our neighbors invokves my husband and he's the one to always make the noise complaints)

Could be his number was in someone's phone that was arrested for dealing etc?

Oh and they didn't use my husband's name, just asked for 'your husband'

Oh and they didn't use my husband's name, just asked for 'your husband'
    In the nicest possible way, stop.posting on here and contact your local police station and your building management. (But do come back to update us).

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast