Like Tree10Likes

Amazon Subscribe and Save

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amazon Subscribe and Save

Does anyone use this function?

I found if I use this, I can get savings on the first time I buy (45%) and then choose to get the item sent again 5 months later.

It states you can cancel the sub at any time, but I'm sceptical you can just save 45% and just cancel the sub straight after?

Also, can you just start the sub again later and get another discount?

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:

I found if I use this, I can get savings on the first time I buy (45%) and then choose to get the item sent again 5 months later.

It states you can cancel the sub at any time, but I'm sceptical you can just save 45% and just cancel the sub straight after?

Also, can you just start the sub again later and get another discount?
    The big discount is on your first order. You can save up to 15% off your entire order if you meet the threshold - in the U.S. it's having 5 items on S&S. You can set items to be sent on a time cycle of your choosing (i.e. every month, every three months, etc). You can manually cancel a scheduled delivery of any item up until approx 5 days before the auto shipping date. Canceling items may affect the discount percentage. It's not hard to game. Just always have a few cheap items (i.e. $2.50us can of almonds) set to every month and you will hit the threshold for max savings.
    periphery831 likes this.

So, you can only get one big discount on your first order.

All other orders won't have the big discount?

So, you can only get one big discount on your first order.

All other orders won't have the big discount?
    Intro discount is typically one and done on the featured item(s). The 5% or 15% discount is based on number of items and is continuous going forward. Did you not read the section on S&S?
    periphery831 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Intro discount is typically one and done on the featured item(s). The 5% or 15% discount is based on number of items and is continuous going forward. Did you not read the section on S&S?
    I looked for the terms but got fed up searching. Perfect, thanks!
    huja likes this.

Subscribe & Save works for orders sent to US addresses. As far as I know, not eligible for international orders (including orders coming here to Hong Kong).
    periphery831, z754103 and seirin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Trader:
    Subscribe & Save works for orders sent to US addresses. As far as I know, not eligible for international orders (including orders coming here to Hong Kong).
    Anyone confirm?

The shipping costs on individual items perhaps explains the reason for ineligibility. Nonetheless, you still get the S&S discount. It's a glitch Amazon doesn't seem interested in fixing.

Subscribe and Save works from Amazon UK to HK, FWIW...

periphery831 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mangohkd:
    The shipping costs on individual items perhaps explains the reason for ineligibility. Nonetheless, you still get the S&S discount. It's a glitch Amazon doesn't seem interested in fixing.
    S&S didn't work the last time I bought an item that was part of an order with the Amazon US $49+ free shipping offer to HK. I didn't get the discount either. Maybe there's a glitch now.

The T&Cs for S&S for Amazon US say it doesn't work for orders shipping outside US:

Full T&Cs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...FU7NECYFLW6M6U

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast