Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By aw451
  • 1 Post By bdw

how long does surface mail take to new zealand?

Closed Thread

how long does surface mail take to new zealand?

going thru a visa process now, HK Police have posted my certificate on the blinking slow boat!

Any one have any idea how long it takes to get over to Auckland? website says 3 - 120 days.....

tracking suggests that it got on board 23rd April...

I guess its out of my hands but just want to get a ball park - I doubt it will be 3 days

Normal mail should be by airmail - not by surface?

Airmail to NZ from HK is suspended. It should take a couple of months. If it's urgent you can use ecShip e-express or vantage.

shri and scrambler like this.

I assume you are talking about a HK certificate of no criminal conviction (CNCC). Not sure if NZ is similar to Australia, but in Aus you can provide immigration with "Evidence of intention to obtain". Basically just show them the receipt that you lodged with the HK Police. I applied for HK Police clearance in November last year, Aus goverment never received, but I just showed them the receipt that I lodged it in Wan Chai, this was enough and Aus visa has now been approved without waiting for HK Police certificate.

https://www.australiaforum.com/threa...0the%20checks.

scrambler likes this.

yeh if only - I guess depends if you lucky or not. It might be because of my UK one having a conviction on. I didnt even realise it was on, something that happened when I was 15!!! I'd completely forgotten about it with it being 35 years ago, and I'm pretty sure at the time they said wouldn't show up on a record but there you go.

So I think they are being picky ☹