Getting out of HK

Closed Thread

Getting out of HK

Oops! I still haven't got round to buying my airline tickets for the annual Christmas escape the family in Europe (I know, I know).

Does anyone here know of a good website, or travel agent, with decent air fares out of HK? I'm trying to get to Munich with one stop or less.

I've tried Orbitz, travelocity, expedia and zuji, plus Cathay, Lufthansa and Virgin's own sites, but can't seem to find anything good.

Left it too late?

You need to look at something a little less-normal than CX. You won't get anything "good" as those tickets were most likely taken a long time ago. Depending on your dates that you want to travel, try Qatar. It has some long layovers, but is via Doha and costs a very reasonable $6,800 (all up).

Good Luck

Other airlines with a try are AirNZ (excellent economy product, easy to book direct on their website). You may need to fly to London and then take a train/ferry etc for the cheapest option, I have always found flights to London are much cheaper than anywhere else in Europe and often cheap connections too via people like Easyjet etc.

EDIT - AirNZ out 24 dec back 31 dec to Munich with a change in London is currently 8,800 all in.

Last edited by MovingIn07; 08-12-2008 at 06:58 PM.

ANZ looks interesting and I hear great things about them. I assume you got their rates directly from their website, right?

I would fly Qatar (know them well, used to live there) but sometimes 8 hour layovers, for a six-day holiday are too much for me this time.

Thanks for the help.

Have you looked at any local agents? I've had good luck with travel.com.hk in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Katiedot:
    ANZ looks interesting and I hear great things about them. I assume you got their rates directly from their website, right?

I would fly Qatar (know them well, used to live there) but sometimes 8 hour layovers, for a six-day holiday are too much for me this time.

Thanks for the help.
    Yes - i just jumped on the website and did a quick and dirty search. Obviously the dates might not work as I just put in the 24th and 31st because I know from experience that those date are usually the best to go for around xmas once the better options have been taken....The timings for the connection looked pretty good to me too, not half as bad as the qatar option anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Katiedot:
    Oops! I still haven't got round to buying my airline tickets for the annual Christmas escape the family in Europe (I know, I know).

Does anyone here know of a good website, or travel agent, with decent air fares out of HK? I'm trying to get to Munich with one stop or less.

I've tried Orbitz, travelocity, expedia and zuji, plus Cathay, Lufthansa and Virgin's own sites, but can't seem to find anything good.

Left it too late?
    Are you set on Munchen? Flights to Amsterdam, Paris (CDG), and Frankfurt are still reasonable.

good luck!

FinnAir offer good rates but may not be the most practical if you're headed for south Europe.

**Just noticed you are going to Munchen so not sure if FinnAir is a good option**

Last edited by Lammarite; 09-12-2008 at 06:22 PM.

flights.com.hk , Hong Kong - the best deals on flights - online is pretty good

Also, am flying out to europe (Berlin) on turkish airlines, called them directly and they arranged for a couple days in istanbul for a stopover. total is around 8600 HK$, so maybe call the airlines directly?
    Last edited by reinkarnation; 09-12-2008 at 06:02 PM.

quick search on flights.com.hk suggests around 4500-5000 excluding tax to Muenchen. 1 stop over.

If you want make a quick trip to the mainland, int'l flights are pretty cheap.

beijing-munich 3560yuan
    beijing-berlin 2710yuan
    shanghai-berlin 2680yuan
    (all roundtrip, ex. tax)

but i guess that would be a long shot..

Last edited by reinkarnation; 09-12-2008 at 06:13 PM.