Credit Card Cashback for rent payment

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Credit Card Cashback for rent payment

Hi Friends,

I am using keychain to pay my rent by HSBC Red credit card and getting 4% cashback, out of 4% I have to pay keychain 2% and I can keep remaining 2% so everybody is happy.

But on 31st May 2021 4% cashback scheme is going to end so I am looking for new credit cards for any idea which I can use to pay rent now.

I am expecting cashback atleast more than 2% so that after pay to keychain there should be something left for me also.

Anyone can suggest anything ?

FYI, I have applied for CCB JD and BOC Sogo but application rejected (don't know the reason) so these cards is out of option now.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Hi Friends,

I am using keychain to pay my rent by HSBC Red credit card and getting 4% cashback, out of 4% I have to pay keychain 2% and I can keep remaining 2% so everybody is happy.

But on 31st May 2021 4% cashback scheme is going to end so I am looking for new credit cards for any idea which I can use to pay rent now.

I am expecting cashback atleast more than 2% so that after pay to keychain there should be something left for me also.

FYI, I have applied for CCB JD and BOC Sogo but application rejected (don't know the reason) so these cards is out of option now.

Thanks.
    What service is this? Sounds like a nice arbitrage.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Hi Friends,

Thanks.
    HSBC Red Card 4% rebate will end? Oh, no

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    What service is this? Sounds like a nice arbitrage.
    There is a long thread about this already.

Nobody knows what's going to happen to HSBC Red after 31 May.

Slightly off topic for OP, but for others;

CCB JD could be a good option to replace HSBC Red but I am not sure if it actually gets posted as online transaction. I had called CCB helpline and executive told me they can not provide info if transactions from a particular merchant would be posted as online or not - and hence qualify for 4% rebate. We would need to try and gamble ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Slightly off topic for OP, but for others;

CCB JD could be a good option to replace HSBC Red but I am not sure if it actually gets posted as online transaction. I had called CCB helpline and executive told me they can not provide info if transactions from a particular merchant would be posted as online or not - and hence qualify for 4% rebate. We would need to try and gamble ourselves.
    CCB JD is capping spend for cashback. They changed their terms earlier this month.

wait what... how do you pay for rent with your CC?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    CCB JD is capping spend for cashback. They changed their terms earlier this month.
    Yeah. Assuming we maximise usage of this card for paying rent only, 1Mn bonus 7x points in 8 months till this year end mean about $20,408/month spend. If factored 2.2% fees of KeyChain Pay (as CCB JD is MasterCard), effective rent limit comes to about $19,968. Please correct me if I have got my calculations wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    wait what... how do you pay for rent with your CC?
    https://geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread...ml#post3800051

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast