Like Tree23Likes

The rise of the real-life trolls

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Man up and stare them down

The taxi WILL concede
    Unless if the taxi wants to run you over...

On a slightly more serious note, I wouldn't place too much trust on the taxi braking in time. Not all of them are great drivers. Nor are all of them of...shall we say, sound mind and body. Some of them are borderline insane...in the literal sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Unless if the taxi wants to run you over...

On a slightly more serious note, I wouldn't place too much trust on the taxi braking in time. Not all of them are great drivers. Nor are all of them of...shall we say, sound mind and body.
    Nahh they are a bunch of pussies

The one good thing about the protests last year was being in a taxi approaching one of the black shirt roadblocks in the new Territories and watching your driver slow down, stop swearing, and promise the protestors that he was one of them

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Nahh they are a bunch of pussies
    For some yes. For others...maybe not. I wouldn't want to bet my life on a taxi driver's response. I have sat on enough taxis over the years to wonder seriously whether the driver would meet the clinical definition of insanity. Bottom line, not all of them are quite right in the head...

Not to mention that there are a significant number of taxi drivers on the road who shouldn't be driving at their age

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    Not to mention that there are a significant number of taxi drivers on the road who shouldn't be driving at their age
    This one geriatric taxi driver kept stepping on the accelerator and then the brakes over the entire 20 minute ride.

If you want to experience really old taxi drivers, visit Japan. Makes HK taxi drivers seem middle-aged.