Like Tree23Likes

The rise of the real-life trolls

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The rise of the real-life trolls

I’ve been noticing people are being less and less civil towards each other. For example:

- people intentionally into your path making you move into the pathway of others. I have also observed plenty of people doing this when the pavements are pretty much empty

- people on loud speaker phone/ talking loudly stopping right behind you with no space whatsoever. This could be an Asian people problem though. These people typically get some kind words though

- people coming to sit near you to smoke even though there are plenty of benches nearby

What is up with being decent and courteous? I also saw a couple of girls stopping near an area in a park where mothers are playing with their toddlers. These girls were on there bikes looking at their phones while blasting rap music. What on earth is wrong with these girls?

Also, noticed none of these people were particularly good looking. Could this be a reason they are mad?

Girls in bikes blasting rap music near a park in HK??

Dim, almost all if not all your posts discuss people's appearance. Time to stop being so superficial.

Mcdavid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Girls in bikes blasting rap music near a park in HK??
    This is a more international observation. True story though. Others are truly global and happen in Hong Kong all too often.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond:
    I’ve been noticing people are being less and less civil towards each other. For example:

- people intentionally into your path making you move into the pathway of others. I have also observed plenty of people doing this when the pavements are pretty much empty

- people on loud speaker phone/ talking loudly stopping right behind you with no space whatsoever. This could be an Asian people problem though. These people typically get some kind words though

- people coming to sit near you to smoke even though there are plenty of benches nearby

What is up with being decent and courteous? I also saw a couple of girls stopping near an area in a park where mothers are playing with their toddlers. These girls were on there bikes looking at their phones while blasting rap music. What on earth is wrong with these girls?

Also, noticed none of these people were particularly good looking. Could this be a reason they are mad?
    Ummm....maybe you have been spending too much time behind the keyboard these days and/or dealing with a-holes at work. Get out and away from the office, your usual "haunts" (i.e. malls, cinema, regular shops), neighbourhoods and instead getaway to a quiet corner of HK.
    Plutark and hike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond:

you’ve posted a post about Trolls to troll about less than pretty girls among other things? Somewhat ironic given your history?
    tf19 likes this.

This has always been a problem in HK, terrible selfish behaviour amongst a very large minority, but I reckon it's almost certainly better than it was pre-protests.

Less people and certainly less mainlanders must be a good thing!

This is uniquely HK: People making a quick turn cutting you off abruptly often making contact. A polite person would either slow down and let the person walk past first or speed up to over take that person and then turn. Also Chinese people can’t seem to walk in a straight line. You need to serpentine behind them. The other stuff is really due to the city being overcrowded.

blandy62 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine:
    This is uniquely HK: People making a quick turn cutting you off abruptly often making contact. A polite person would either slow down and let the person walk past first or speed up to over take that person and then turn. Also Chinese people can’t seem to walk in a straight line. You need to serpentine behind them. The other stuff is really due to the city being overcrowded.
    The other stuff like....

Not holding doors for people.
    Speeding up (e.g. taxis) when you're crossing the road to attempt to make you run out of the way.
    Not indicating when they turn.
    Not helping someone who has an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Speeding up (e.g. taxis) when you're crossing the road to attempt to make you run out of the way.
    Man up and stare them down

The taxi WILL concede

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast