Like Tree37Likes

Kids start school but banned from using utensils for lunch and snack !!! (Logic ??)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    There is no way my kids would be given a packed lunch without rice. It just isn't a meal.
    rice ball, rice roll, seaweed rice sandwiches, rice patty burger..
    plenty of options!

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    Please explain the logic to me.

School kids can have snack at school ( and lunch now if they go back full day) but are banned from bringing utensils (no fork, no knife , no spoon).

Common sense would dictate that it is better for little kids to use utensils to eat than using using their grubby fingers during a covid epidemic (even though they wash) , but nope, utensils are banned.

Have I missed the point somewhere?
    Must be due to Yew Chung Intl getting told off for essentially doing 'half-days' with no lunch but then advising pupils to go and get a 'snack' from the canteen.

Quote Originally Posted by bobobo:
    Source please?

when i search "Kids start school but banned from using utensils for lunch and snack" in google. UK's news came out........................
    My kids and some other kids go to intl. school. For the long half day they are told to bring a big snack box to eat ( = basically lunch but not really lunch) and told EDB says no utensils allowed. Just wonder if that is going to be same from May 24 because if you aren't allowed utensils for snack, then why would you allow it for lunch. Hope they change or if anyone has updated info.
    shri and tura like this.

I can see a western style lunch being doable without utensils but not Chinese (rice/noodles) however, should it not be chopsticks then, not knife and fork?

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    My kids and some other kids go to intl. school. For the long half day they are told to bring a big snack box to eat ( = basically lunch but not really lunch) and told EDB says no utensils allowed. Just wonder if that is going to be same from May 24 because if you aren't allowed utensils for snack, then why would you allow it for lunch. Hope they change or if anyone has updated info.
    The last few times my kids went to school full time (I think it was June and then October 2020) they were not allowed to use cutlery either.
    I still haven’t found the logic of that policy.

How old are the kids?

Are they at the dangerous age where they could join gangs and get in fights? I think there were some kids who stabbed another student with a pen at school last year.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    How old are the kids?

Are they at the dangerous age where they could join gangs and get in fights? I think there were some kids who stabbed another student with a pen at school last year.
    I guess they are preparing kids to experience the life of prisoners.
    Baklava, blandy62 and aw451 like this.