Like Tree10Likes

Greggs style sausage rolls?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Greggs style sausage rolls?

Does anyone know of any bakery that does good sausage rolls? I know it's wishful thinking, but Gregg's style sausage rolls would be da bomb.

Ginger pig at Borough Market have good sausage rolls. Oh, you mean in HK?

Jillypots, irisboards and Corrib like this.

you can make your own with frozen puff pastry and sausage meat.

otherwise M&S and heat in the oven.

if you're really desperate, Pacific coffee do them (but i wouldnt recommend).

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    you can make your own with frozen puff pastry and sausage meat.

otherwise M&S and heat in the oven.

if you're really desperate, Pacific coffee do them (but i wouldnt recommend).
    Can you ship some here please? Sausage rolls made with hotdogs are NOT sausage rolls.

Didn't someone find official Gregg's frozen sausage rolls for sale on some online platform last year? I thought it was hktvmall, but I can't find them now...

I like the Maxims' ones better than Greggs.

Starbucks do a decent one along with some pies.

To be honest, it's been so long that I've forgotten what Greggs sausage rolls taste like. But assuming they're what I would call decent pork sausage in puff pastry, then the one from Ginger pigs is one of the best I've had. The ones from Bakehouse are okay, but are often quite dry. The ones from Pacific coffee aren't so bad, and I've had a fair few, particularly since there's a concession at work.

If you have a convection or a microwave oven at the very least, you used to be able to buy frozen (big) Mrs Macs sausage rolls for $25hkdeach from Fusion supermarkets. I pay $9.00hkd each here in Queensland, which we keep a stack in our freezer as an after school snack before our kids play sport.

But yeah, we got to the stage that we made our own pies and sausage rolls when we lived in Hongkers, especially when we felt like a back home freshly baked one.

I don’t tend to cook as much since we left Hong Kong lol

I'm going to regret sharing this, but the bakery on the corner opposite of Western Market in Sheung Wan does good sausage rolls...

chobochobo, KEM.UK, mysti and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast