Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Shabby
  • 1 Post By topworld

Wet and Traditional Shaving In Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Wet and Traditional Shaving In Hong Kong

Traditional wet shaving has grown in popularity over the years and I notice in Hong Kong that there are a number of stores where you can buy wet shaving gear and also loads of trendy new barber shops where you can get a nice wet shave with a proper razor and decent soap.

So... there are a small group of us on Facebook who have started a page where HK based shavers can chat and chew over the hobby, share resources and sources of information and products and maybe even engage with artisans for some group buys of soaps razors etc.

Why not come over and join us? It is not a place where you will be sold anything - it is a hobby group for like minded wet shavers. Share SOTD photos, pictures of your shave gear - whatever!!

Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/hkwss
    Join us!! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/hkwss

Last edited by Shabby; 20-05-2021 at 02:04 PM.
    pin and Rob2020 like this.

No one?

Why bump a self promotion post which nobody is interested in?

As a matter of feedback, the group needs a purpose otherwise nobody will join. I purchase wet shaving products but I don't feel the need to join a random Facebook group which will inevitably be spammed with affiliate links down the line.

Last edited by aw451; 23-05-2021 at 12:14 AM.

It won't be spammed. I am admin and owner.

I think it’s a great thing to have. As someone who sports a fresh clean shaven face, the beard look was heavily overrated and abused. There is one positive that mandatory mask wearing introduced...

However, you know you have a problems when there are more bears oils/ butter than proper shaving pastes - which you need for none safety razors.

I'll tell ya, mate. NO one permitted to abuse my beard.

I find wet shaving products in HK expensive. I pretty much order online.

But thanks OP will join the group.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    I'll tell ya, mate. NO one permitted to abuse my beard.
    Don’t worry. Keep your chin up

Just order Edwin Jagger shaving equipment from theenglishshavingcompany.com when they have international shipping promotions and call it a day.

Rob2020 likes this.

I used to use soaps and a brush, with santa Maria novella being a recurrent souvenir when going to Italy. But I changed to cheapie Proraso which is pretty close. I use a Gillette fusion or whatever the razors the most blades is, never been tempted with the DE razors.