Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By aw451
  • 1 Post By illini_expat

Portable Air Con

Closed Thread

Portable Air Con

Hi, can anyone recommend a good portable air con? I have air conditioners but they aren't very good. I'm looking for a portable air con machine that will keep my living room and bedroom cool. Anyone have any experience with portable air cons and can recommend a good one?

Thanks!

had the air conditioners properly cleaned? dust and dirt prevents the air con cooling the air

Air con needs the hot side to be outside so that air can be blown over the fins without blowing cool room air out with it. This is the impossible to resolve design flaw with portable air con.

emx likes this.

I agree with the posts above. I've tried various portable air conditioners over the years but none have been effective. Try cleaning out your filters and if that fails then look into new AC units.

Portable aircon works fine but its not really that portable. You need to attach an exhaust to a window so not a good idea if you are planning to move it between your bedroom and living room.

Ugo RIpanykazov likes this.

Don't buy one.

You have to maintain your air con and clean it regularly.

If it is not cold, then it needs to be cleaned professonally and to ADD COOLANT.

If you are a tenant, tell your landlord because it is his responsibility.

If you are an owner, then pay for it to be cleeaned professonally , and for the pipes to be unblocked, and add coolant.

My past experience with a portable was a disaster.
    First, you need the hose to go out to a window so that hot air goes out. That is tricky unless you can cut a hole in the glass.
    Second, it sounded like a jumbo jet engine right on top of my head and was a bloody headache, so I gave it away even though it cost me a small fortune.

Thank you all for the replies. Very helpful. I won't get a portable air-con. I regularly clean my air-cons but will look into getting them professionally cleaned and replacing the coolant.

Thanks!

Get better blinds

Name:  Duotherm-Biscuit-Energy-Saving-Blind-C.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  27.2 KB