Like Tree1Likes

Hong Kong Post accountability?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hong Kong Post accountability?

Hi, not sure if it's the correct part of the forum.

Last year I ordered a few parcels from Aliexpress, three of them never arrived and were marked as delivered... two were small values so I didn't care, the other one was like 300hkd so I enquired.

Anyway after weeks of them not doing anything I got an email just saying they delivered it. So I called their hotline, got the same NO NO CANNOT reply. I had to argue for 20 min to escalate the issue. I work from home so there is always someone home, no way they even tried to deliver my parcel. 1-2 days later the postman came to my flat trying to force me to sign a paper to say I received the parcels, I'm like no I did not receive it I will not sign, he insisted for about 5 min until I closed the door on him.

After escalating again they said they were going to "investigate" and check the CCTV in my building etc... Anyway they got back to me saying the good was delivered because the guard remembered delivering it to me like 2-3 months ago, I'm in a 60+ floor building so I find it odd that an old guy can remember things this well.

Anyway, useless to say they never checked any CCTV etc.. they did nothing

Fast forward January, I sent a speedpost parcel to a friend in Germany. Worth about 500-600hkd + 150-200hkd speedpost (registered).

The guy at the post office said it will take minimum 4-6 weeks to deliver, so I'm like ok fine. Anyway come April I'm starting to wondering where the parcel is. The status is still the same with the tracking number, it just says delivered to carrier. Nothing else.

So I contact them again, same usual stuff. Oh the parcel was delivered on the 20th of January, it was shipped on the 13th. My friend has not received anything, and the post office refuses to give me any proof of the reception other that, we did an investigation and it was delivered, nothing else.

Thing is, they said 4-6 weeks, from what I was told there was a 2 week custom clearance back then (not sure if it's still the case), so technically there is no way it was delivered in one week. Now when I escalated it, I got this really rude woman on the phone who kept on interrupting me, she was like, do you have proof that the good was not delivered? Uh what, how do you prove that it's so dumb!

Anyway, I was wondering what my recourse is, I'm sick and tired of their BS, I can see they do fuck all and I'm starting to suspect someone is helping themselves in our local post office. I never had this problem before on HK island with the post office.

My advice is to get yourself one of those GPS trackers (they cost nothing) and stick a sim in it, . Stick it in a stuff toy or something like an alarm clock or radio, Use an amazon prime or US post box and send it to yourself via HK post.... and see where it goes. You can dial into it and listen, or get the GPS location etc....

If it goes walkies, report it to the police...

Stick a big 18650 battery on the GPS tracker so it can run a week or so....

Actually better still get someone in china to put the GPS tracker together and post it from China...

I think it will be very hard to get your money back for this kind of delivery issue.
    I currently have also a delivery issue with aliexpress, lucky the item is only around 70 hkd. The tracking say that the package has arrived in the country of destination which is supposed to be HK since the 28th april except that it has never been delivered. When I looked at the tracking details then i found that the package was sent in Europe, passing through germany and finally arrived and stuck in Latvia... When contacting and opening a dispute with Aliexpress they just refer to their system (i think also the kind of automatic system reply) that the item is at the country of destination... so nothing i can do till know even i highlighted that it was sent to Latvia and not HK...

I think HK Post will not accept any responsibility for these couple of issues since there is no proof they did not deliver.

Your first parcel was delivered according to HK Post, so by then the responsibility is actually with the security guard and your building management to make sure their processes deliver it to you.

The second parcel is also not their responsibility anymore since it arrived in Germany and with the local post service there.

I have to say, i've never had this experience with receiving parcels in HK or sending parcels to UK, US or other countries. Maybe in the future you can use Fedex or DHL which are more expensive, but you need an actual signature at delivery. But it can still be stolen since the person who signs doesn't need to prove they are the person on the label.

Original Post Deleted
    Well it's in Germany, they tend to be honest in general. My friend on the other end would never lie to me since he paid for everything. I am just annoyed for him because he had been asking me to send him this stuff for a while and now it's lost.

Alright, it was a speedpost registered, there is absolutely no trace left the moment it was "handed to carrier".

Now, after living in HK for over 8 years, I did what everyone does with customer service here. I said they were lazy and never investigated anything and that I was going to report them to the consumer protection bureau and the police.

Now I just got an email with a different version, apparently the recipient refused the parcel! I quote:

"We regret that to learn that the addressee denied receipt of the item. Fully understand your frustration, we have pursued the case with our counterpart in Germany for their re-investigation. Please rest assured that we would expedite our tracing efforts and keep you posted of any development."

So we go from it has already been delivered to now it was denied. I mean wtf is going on with these people.

Deutsche Post can be shit and difficult.

I find Hong Kong post quite reliable and helpful. Try reaching out to another CS person.

With Aliexpress I've had a few things go missing, but claiming a refund on the Aliexpress app was always painless and simple. No emailing and messing around required, just press a button in the app to dispute the order, select the option "I never received this item" and thats it. Money back in your account. At least for me it was like this a few times. On one occassion, I then finally received the item I ordered after getting my money back, about 4 months later than expected, came from Russia or somewhere. So ended up getting it for free.

Drunken Master likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    With Aliexpress I've had a few things go missing, but claiming a refund on the Aliexpress app was always painless and simple. No emailing and messing around required, just press a button in the app to dispute the order, select the option "I never received this item" and thats it. Money back in your account. At least for me it was like this a few times. On one occassion, I then finally received the item I ordered after getting my money back, about 4 months later than expected, came from Russia or somewhere. So ended up getting it for free.
    Oh I agree too, but somehow when the post mark the items as delivered you have no recourse, they won't refund you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast