Like Tree35Likes

Census form

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Both.
    jabalong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdavid:
    Nope. If they bothered to come to see me, I'd answer the questions (whether truthfully or not, I dunno yet). Passive aggressive (and waste of government resources) achieved!
    i admire your heroic stand and in awe of your wisdom on this topic. I only wish I had the courage to be a complete muppet as well. Fill the bloody census in.
    GRRR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    i admire your heroic stand and in awe of your wisdom on this topic. I only wish I had the courage to be a complete muppet as well. Fill the bloody census in.
    And I admire your wisdom and heroic stance on being an upstanding citzen of such a fine and fair city that truly recognizes and values what it regards as its mup.... uh, citizens. I only wish I had the courage to care as much about a meaningless piece of paper as you. You do you.
    Last edited by Mcdavid; 01-07-2021 at 06:20 AM.
    Sage likes this.

Tried to do it on the App. Got to the last page and it froze and would not proceed. Call the number and telephoned in the answers in under 5 mins.

Interestingly on the App for additional languages only spoken it asked what DIALECT could you speak and then listed a bunch of LANGUAGES including English, French, Putonghua, Hakka, Japanese, Cantonese etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdavid:
    And I admire your wisdom and heroic stance on being an upstanding citzen of such a fine and fair city that truly recognizes and values what it regards as its mup.... uh, citizens. I only wish I had the courage to care as much about a meaningless piece of paper as you. You do you.
    Of all the things in HK that are not right you’ve picked the least appropriate thing to take a stance on. I suggest you actually understand why a census ‘might’ benefit us citizens or more likely the next generation.

it has no correlation whatsoever with political views, NSL, approach to Covid, freedom of the press, free elections or anything similar.

it probably has a correlation to anti vaxxers
    jabalong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Of all the things in HK that are not right you’ve picked the least appropriate thing to take a stance on. I suggest you actually understand why a census ‘might’ benefit us citizens or more likely the next generation.

it has no correlation whatsoever with political views, NSL, approach to Covid, freedom of the press, free elections or anything similar.

it probably has a correlation to anti vaxxers
    It's not a stance as much as I can't be bothered to do anything for this government unless forced to. I also truly don't believe it matters at all, to be frank. I am vaccinated, by the way (which was a weird connection to make), as that does have benefits.

But again, you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Tried to do it on the App. Got to the last page and it froze and would not proceed.
    My exact experience On PC browser. 10 minutes time spent and then...back to square one.

after 30 min trying to get the thing running on the webpage I called. Completely un-useable, crashing, suuuuper slow web portal.
    Phone interview another joyful experience: always a good sign if I select "english" as the Language and and then the counterpart starts talking in Cantonese...
    Question: "Which languages are spoken in your household?"
    My answer: "English and Mandarine"
    Next question: "What about other like Putonghua"
    .... :-D

Original Post Deleted
    Have you actually read the census questions?
    East_coast and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by caipiroska:
    after 30 min trying to get the thing running on the webpage I called. Completely un-useable, crashing, suuuuper slow web portal.
    Phone interview another joyful experience: always a good sign if I select "english" as the Language and and then the counterpart starts talking in Cantonese...
    Question: "Which languages are spoken in your household?"
    My answer: "English and Mandarine"
    Next question: "What about other like Putonghua"
    .... :-D
    I had the same experience. Selected English, spent about half an hour with some guy umming and arring. He didn't seem to really understand what he was doing and had to ask his supervisor for help a number of times.

The data he entered was probably inaccurate.