Like Tree22Likes

The democrats are dead, so can we now stop these leeches too?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fully introducing an Uber system in HK would change the pricing quite a lot in my view. Currently we have flat pricing, as we all know Uber has variable pricing. My morning/evening taxi-ride to and from the office would get substantially more expensive given the rush hour, whereas during more odd hours rides would probably get cheaper than they are today.

I quite like the idea that I know raguly the cost of a ride. Its annoying if pricing occasionally gets so expensive that I feel I need to change my planned transportation. Basically Im saying, Im a happy customer with the current system. But structurally I dont like that the license owners are the ones getting fat and not the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Fully introducing an Uber system in HK would change the pricing quite a lot in my view. Currently we have flat pricing, as we all know Uber has variable pricing. My morning/evening taxi-ride to and from the office would get substantially more expensive given the rush hour, whereas during more odd hours rides would probably get cheaper than they are today.

I quite like the idea that I know raguly the cost of a ride. Its annoying if pricing occasionally gets so expensive that I feel I need to change my planned transportation. Basically Im saying, Im a happy customer with the current system. But structurally I dont like that the license owners are the ones getting fat and not the drivers.
    The surge pricing system is designed to encourage more people into the system during peak hours so it should be self limiting if Uber was legalised

It's like on Lantau, the population has increased by a lot and they still haven't adjusted the number of licenses. The queues during the weekend are ridiculous. Good luck finding a taxi when you go to Cheng Cha beach