Where for CANON EOS 350D

Closed Thread

Talking Where for CANON EOS 350D

Hi all,

I will be back in HK at the end of the week, unfortunately not for the weekend but just in time for the new business-week!
    Any way, will be there for the next one (week-end) and I do not want to miss anything.

This time I will leave Italy with a kind of "Purchase Order" made by some friends of mine... the most difficult items for me is the CANON EOS 350D any one can help me to find a good place where I can buy such a camera at a reasonable/cheap price?

Thanks all, hope to meet you for the next week happy-hour of Saturday the 4th.

MarcoPolo

Hi there,

First of all I would check the price in your home country. I think nowadays HK camera shops will not necessarily offer you the best price. So make sure you're not actually paying more than you would at home.
    Then make sure you don't get a so-called ‘grey import’ , which I think means something like the warranty of the camera is not international. Pay special attention to the warranty; make sure you have an international one.
    Go to a lot of stores and compare their prices.
    Fortress is a chain store for electrical and camera stuff, they have fixed prices, so you can check there first to get an idea. They’re expensive though. I wouldn’t buy there. I also would recommend that you don’t go to the camera shops in the big malls like Pacific Place or around the TST Nathan Road area, they are also more expensive.
    In Stanley Street in Central, there are a few camera shops, which will not rip you off. But you might get a better deal in Mong Kok. One of the shops there is Wing Shing Photo Supply ( or something similar) in Sai Yang Choi Street (MTR exit D3)
    Alright, I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for all details, I will take care of everything as you told me.

really thank you.

any other sugestion will be appreciated.

MarcoPolo

Wing Shing in Mong Kok or the stores in The Tung Ying Arcade, Nathan Rd, TST are your best bet. These are stores that many media folks use and they will not rip you off.

Do not bother with gray market stuff as these days there are a lot of stolen goods o pre owned stuff sold in the stores.

this will help you for sure... use it as a guide when purchasing

http://www.ygdragon.net/index.php?pa...ameraprice.htm

Hi MarcoPolo
    I ahve been looking at the same camera and because we are going to HK at the end of Oct did some research. It only works out about 30-40 euro to buy it in HK over buying it in Switzerland. I am sure Italian Or maybe you could have it sent from there.. If you buy in HK the Guarantee will also be from HK !! I have this camera and lens for £515 and in HK it would be £490. not sure what the conversion is to euro. try www.buchmann.ch