Like Tree115Likes

Local people behavior in bus and MTR

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    hand covering head when it suddenly rain makes me laugh so hard. same goes for when a vehicle passes by and you see some locals covering their mouth with their hands LOL
    Their hands are super powerful, prevents their hair from getting wet and dust/smoke/pollution getting into their mouth/nose.
    Clearly youve never been in a orgy where your hand can potentially save your face from being caught in friendly fire.
    aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Clearly youve never been in a orgy where your hand can potentially save your face from being caught in friendly fire.
    thats why PPE (masks) are need in orgies

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Welcome to Hong Kong, you will get used to it along with 99 other things.. Where is that thread used to run over decade ago '100 things to know you are long enough in HK' or something like that, was indeed a fun list and good mental excercise..
    https://geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread2048.html
    Cornmeal, ndt and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    The new trend is they turn their back when they come across a foreigner on hiking trails, they put their hand on their mouth to cover it. It's bloody hilarious considering the last local case was in August!

Sounds like this is related to the disinformation campaign in the mainland that generic "foreigners" are the source of the virus.

I haven't experienced many HK people using their hand mask (except when walking behind a bus)

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Sounds like this is related to the disinformation campaign in the mainland that generic "foreigners" are the source of the virus.

I haven't experienced many HK people using their hand mask (except when walking behind a bus)
    A few months ago I was hiking with two friends, the moment they saw us someone started shouting gweilo and they all put their masks on like we had the plague. They were locals not mainlanders, you can just tell by the way they look miserable like someone stole their lunchbox.
    Sage, Morrison, qhank and 8 others like this.

It seems compared to Covid restrictions and fear of contracting it from foreigners the Aids scare in the 80s and 90s in China was child’s play.

It’s also interesting to observe that at least ppl in EU seem to be less scared of Covid and death in general than ppl in Chinese speaking regions. Don’t know about J-Pan or Korea

I'm looking forward to the day Carrie has to explain that Xi Dada has declared Covid 19 endemic. I'm seeing a lot of people sending their helpers out to loot the supermarkets and then bleaching all the products and the helper when she gets back.... should be the highlight of 2023.

Sage likes this.

It definitely happens to us whites as well bus and MTR. A few years ago my uncle came over from Zimbabwe with his wife who was truly very black and suffered all the usual outlined elsewhere on this thread, but also entered into the spirit of things admirably with demented stares, eyes wide open etc.

l love the uncomfortableness of some of the locals when you take that last MTR seat!

jayinhongkong and Sage like this.

Happens to me a lot less nowadays. I is brown too. I wish I still got treated like that

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    If i saw a giant like you then Its understandable and I would avoid to sit next to you also. reverse size discrimination LOL
    To be honest, I’m no giant, just weirdly proportioned with overly long legs.