Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Cheeky Kiwi
  • 2 Post By ndt
  • 1 Post By jayinhongkong

Moving to Tung Chung

Closed Thread

Red face Moving to Tung Chung

Hi Friends,

I am looking to change my house and deciding my new house location.

I am feeling like Tung Chung flats near Caribbean Coast, Coastal skyline, Tung Chung Crescent:

1. Bigger

2. With balcony

3. More beautiful/decoration in flats

4. Many Indians are living there so may be friend circle will be more.

but some negative points:

1. Rent is higher like extra 2500 HKD per month on my budget.

2. Travel time would be around 1 hr to my work which is 35 minutes now.

3. Travel expense will be increased by 400 HKD per month.

3. Daily need items like grocery is more expensive in Indian shops, may be increase in expense like 500 HKD per month.

Now, I am confused about whether I should rent the house in Tung Chung or not ?
    I may be wrong about any point so any my friends living in Tung Chung can share their experience.
    Any pros and cons I didn't mentioned here ?
    Any way to find a flat in lesser price ?

Last edited by LetsDiscuss; 08-11-2021 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo

1. Rent is higher like extra 2500 HKD per month on my budget.
    Not sure about your current living environment (area/building) but If you are renting a bigger/better place obviously you will most likely pay more irrespective of personal budget.. In general, TC rents are relatively quite reasonable..

3. Daily need items like grocery is more expensive in Indian shops, may be increase in expense like 500 HKD per month.
    Not necessarily, plenty of options for Indian grocery delivery to Tung Chung and business is so competitive, my guess is you will find it at same price in TC Indian shops..

End of the day it depends on your priority, if you are willing to put in extra half an hour both ways for better living environment and more socializing opportunities, its totally worth it.. There is no right or wrong way to it and nobody can judge it for you.. Also hundreds of Indian commute that route every day, you might get a good company or ten to make it easier again if thats in your list of priority..
    Last edited by ndt; 08-11-2021 at 12:29 PM.
    LetsDiscuss and jayinhongkong like this.

I live in TC. Lots of Indians here for sure. Yes, the Indian stores here are a little more expensive, but you can get the TST shops to deliver here for TST prices. Or just spend the extra if you need something fresh or urgently (we do).

There are other advantages to living in CC. There are lots of people selling Indian products and food privately that you won't even be able to find in TST. And that's true for a lot of other ethnic foods and products too. The Facebook groups for TC are a good way to find out what's on offer here.

I love TC. So much that I don't want anyone else moving here and driving rents up further

shri likes this.