Like Tree78Likes

Small, confidential Support Group for Men having marital problems

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

That is a possibility, however, if you went to the group for the right reasons ,and you are a trustworthy person, it would not be an issue at all. For the sake of the specific purpose of this forum, having marital problems is not a moral issue, nor should it be something that anyone should be embarrassed about.

rkenia852 likes this.

Tck, thank you for your post. No better medicine than preventive medicine. If you are single and want to get married, learn from those who are having trouble with their marriages. If you are willing to abide by the confidentiality clause of the group, you would be very much welcome to join. Feel free to send me a message.

hongkong7 and rkenia852 like this.

Thank you, Your comment makes much sense, it is easy to feel like the weakest link when we become vulnerable. However, vulnerability, under the right circumstances, can make you much, much stronger. We should always be very careful when we choose who to trust. Sadly, the majority of people around you, will never be able to understand your reality.

rkenia852 likes this.

On the whole, I think it is a good idea for a group of men with similar issues to sit and talk about it.

Or as you say, you could pay $1500 an hour to talk to a counselor, someone who might not even have been married or experienced relationship issues. Like a priest advising on marriage problems.

A what happens in vegas, stays in vegas type of meeting.

I don't know how it is here, but in the UK suicide is the biggest cause of death for men under 45.

Male bravado, feeling like the "weakest link", being ashamed of how you feel/what your situation is has caused many to take their lives without ever talking to their nearest and dearest friends and family....who are left inconsolable and confused. Obviously this is an extreme example.

Anyway, I salute the OP for realising that he could benefit from sharing his problems and being brave enough to try to find a forum to do it. Hopefully it just becomes a way to make good friends at a time when you need them. Best of luck.

rkenia852 and hongkongmusic like this.

There should be a separate group for men married to Filipinas, talking of nutcases this is the elite!

Quote Originally Posted by FitzgeraldW85:
    Hi

I would like to form a small,(no more than 7) confidential group of men undergoing marital problems and other life issues.
    Group would meet 1-2 times a month, in a location that is convenient and confidential.
    Any one interested, contact me.

J
    There is a chapter of EVRYMAN here in Hong Kong. It’s a peer led group of men supporting each other without giving advice. EVRYMAN is US based and has online calls that you can join. Link here and a video here

It’s been insightful for me to build a literacy of emotions and is not limited to a specific set of circumstances (addiction, marital issues etc).

On the last Tuesday of every month, they host a “drop-in” meeting where any man can pop-in and witness the conversation and community that this model offers. This month, the meeting is on 30 November, 7:15pm @ The Hive, Sheung Wan.

You can message me if you’d like more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Just seem strange that you will pour your heart out to complete strangers. I get it if the other person is a professional counsellor, like a psychologist, they are educated and trained to deal with your issues. But just some random dude off the street who just happen to share your problem...I don't know.
    I think people are more honest in expressing themselves knowing theres no repercussions. Similar to posting on a message board like Geo lol
    rkenia852 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I am not sure it was ever suggested by the original poster that sex (or lack of it) was the issue. There may be many other martial problems that need discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by rkenia852:
    On the last Tuesday of every month, they host a “drop-in” meeting where any man can pop-in and witness the conversation and community that this model offers. This month, the meeting is on 30 November, 7:15pm @ The Hive, Sheung Wan.
    https://www.linkedin.com/posts/evrym...305025536-eDOW

Leaving this up for anyone; no fees and no heads up required.