Like Tree20Likes

Security Guard Retirement Gift?

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    Game theory would suggest that those retiring don’t matter and thus you would be better off gifting current guards to your side. Keep in mind that red packets could be a borderline / is a corrupt practice.
    Be generous to those who continue to help you. And be reasonable to those who already helped you.

    Its not corruption, its just making sure the wheels are greased appropriately. Appreciation for their good work.
    shri and rainylin like this.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Be generous to those who continue to help you. And be reasonable to those who already helped you.

    Its not corruption, its just making sure the wheels are greased appropriately. Appreciation for their good work.
    I do understand that locals enjoy seeing low paid workers grovelling for red packets, but better rights for workers would go a longer way.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    42,355

    So... give the guard the middle finger and a life lesson "Should have asked for better rights for workers when you were young."

    Someone has spent far too much time reading East Coasts posts..

    jgl, tf19, Edwardstorm and 1 others like this.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    FØROYAR
    Posts
    1,253

    Gift the guard his own guard for a year. Someone who can "have his back" at the wet market and when boarding public transit. A retired cop would be good. This would also make for a nice "common prosperity" story for SCMP to pick up on. I gift this remarkable PR idea to the wealthy expat community of Geo for gratis.

    Last edited by SirNotAppearing; 07-12-2021 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typo
    shri likes this.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    I do understand that locals enjoy seeing low paid workers grovelling for red packets, but better rights for workers would go a longer way.
    Yup. You must be breaking your back trying to uplift the rights of low paid manual workers.

    Oh wait, you are just posting on a expat forum board.
    Coolboy likes this.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Yup. You must be breaking your back trying to uplift the rights of low paid manual workers.

    Oh wait, you are just posting on a expat forum board.
    No, I also uplift other forums with my wisdom.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    So... give the guard the middle finger and a life lesson "Should have asked for better rights for workers when you were young."

    Someone has spent far too much time reading East Coasts posts..
    Yup, I tell most people that, minus the profanity. It usually goes something like this,…

    Other: We need democracy. Beijing is so bad.
    Me: Let’s have more time for family and emphasis on non-commercial recreation, so that we’re happier and stop moaning and bitching all the time.
    Other: when we have democracy we will have our rights.
    Me: Like the Japanese? Mexicans? Americans?

    But I digress.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ex Sai Kunger Sunny Qld for now
    Posts
    8,121
    Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    I do understand that locals enjoy seeing low paid workers grovelling for red packets.
    Poverty porn for wealthy people that have very black hearts.
    hike likes this.

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2