Like Tree20Likes

Security Guard Retirement Gift?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Security Guard Retirement Gift?

The security guard in my small building is retiring.

It's been suggested to me that I give him some cash in a lai see as a goodbye/ thank you gift.

Never had this situation before. Is cash a good idea? If so, what's a reasonable amount to give?

Thanks!

Last edited by Mapleleafgirl; 05-12-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Can't go wrong with cash. Ask what other people in the building are giving but if he was decent I would stick in 500...

Normally, no rule for this. Depend on how much you appreciate his work and how rich you are. from 0 to million dollars.Or even more. But if I have to give him. It wont be less than a hundred. lol

Mapleleafgirl likes this.

Depends how well you know him.

Anything from 200 to 500 is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapleleafgirl:
    The security guard in my small building is retiring.

It's been suggested to me that I give him some cash in a lai see as a goodbye/ thank you gift.

Never had this situation before. Is cash a good idea? If so, what's a reasonable amount to give?

Thanks!
    As others have said, there is no fixed amount. Give what you think he deserves. If you think he did a good job, smiled to greet you and said hello as you leave for work in the morning or returning home in the evening, then sure you can give him a larger amount. On the other hand, if he is sulky, surly and with a couldn't-cared-less attitude, you can give him less or not at all.

@Coolboy, @dinosaurs88, @Pidaras, @MABinPengChau,

Thanks so much for your input!!

I guess it’s the last chance to give

who suggested that you give lai see to this guard?
    Just give $50 as he/she will receive from many people if they bother to give, most wont give anyways. most building security are old people who have retired already.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    who suggested that you give lai see to this guard?
    Just give $50 as he/she will receive from many people if they bother to give, most wont give anyways. most building security are old people who have retired already.
    Dont be so cheap. They will remember you for being "Cheap" instead of the famous manspreader.

Original Post Deleted
    Be generous to those who continue to help you. And be reasonable to those who already helped you.

Its not corruption, its just making sure the wheels are greased appropriately. Appreciation for their good work.
    shri and rainylin like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast