Like Tree78Likes

Difficult neighbours - advice please

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Hence "mostly". It was forbidden on my estate.
    Mostly...for some estates.

Fuck me talk about first world problems for both parties.

There was a simple solution to all of this and it didn't involve installing cctv doorbells.

You would think that people in Hong Kong would be familiar with what unnecessary escalation can lead to with all thats been happening in this city.

hullexile, FrancisX and Crankshaft like this.

[QUOTE=SirNotAppearing;[URL="tel:3837436"]3837436[/URL]]This is why Hong Kong can't have guns.[/QUOTE

Last edited by Romeo_inblack_j; 07-12-2021 at 07:37 PM. Reason: No need.

Sounds pretty tame compared to some of the village house shared staircases I've seen, packed with shelves, shoes, bikes and, kids toys galore, if you live on the top floor it would get pretty annoying. Luckily we have a private stairwell.

In Korea pretty much every place had a built in shoe cabinet in the entrance which was separated from the rest of house by a sunken floor (sometimes an extra door), reminding you where to leave your shoes.

The real battles were outside in the realm of undesignated parking spaces.

Do not engage is my only advice.

Most don't even know their neighbours, let alone speak with them or care about their opinion. At best they may give an awkward nod if they happen to share the lift down.

It's probably best to just let it go and not make the same mistake again. Any escalation or passive aggressive retaliation is just gonna make your life worse.

best to de escalate

put your shoes in...remove the cctv...honestly, you have a pyscho neighbour..even if you have cctv, it won't stop them doing stuff to you. They could put broken glass in your shoes, they can harm you.

Ha ha, we’ve certainly had some classics this year.

Invite them in for burnt toast (and ask them to leave their shoes outside the door)

The same reason why you don’t take your shoes inside is the same reason they don’t want them outside.

Sounds like you are in a building from Hell. The risk of moving so close to other people. You never know what nut cases you are going to get for neighbors! Try just putting your shoes inside your place. Then they can’t get anything. It’s better that way anyway so you will have piece of mind knowing all your belongings are inside. Safely. Hate to say this but maybe consider getting another place. I know it’s so soon you moved in but your piece of mind is very important. Right now you can’t have that because of these crazies next door. Who knows what’s next on their diabolical agenda!

Common now this is kids stuff, forget the shoes, move on, case closed.

I had an actual bad flat I lived in in the past. The neighbor above screwed up flooding the floor somehow which created a water leakage through the roof, came home and there was water everywhere, from the livingroom to on my bed.

Same flat the neighbor next door was actually mentally ill, she had a doggy that was japping non-stop, often in the middle of the night. She herself was having mental breakdowns on the phone, screaming on top of her lungs into the phone for hours in the middle of the night. We were multiple neighbors out confronting her (it was so loud that flats that did not have a shared wall like me, were also disturbed). Ended up that she was screaming at me instead, at the same time her doggy escaped from her flat, into my flat, whereas she just runs into my apartment looking for the dog. Pure madhouse..