Like Tree131Likes

Marriage - What is Normal? Advice please

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13

OP, please be more aware that there are so many types of lawyers that have different specialty. Your uncle the lawyer may NOT be the right person to give advice, however, do ask him to recommend a lawyer who is expertise in HK FAMILY LAW and MARITAL laws , which can be advantageous to the mother. Use these advantages.

Err... folks who are judges in HK only know a small area of expertise, but then they would know who are the toughest/best/nastiest lawyers in which area. And yes, you do need to *quietly* get your lawyers in a row before alerting your to-be-ex-husband

You may still choose to file outside of HK, just that knowing the HK laws with input from a good "matrimonial lawyer" in HK is helpful. One of the better lawyers in hk is Hastings & Co, and one of their experts in Matrimonial Litigation is Helen Kong, who gave advice to one of my friends in his case that was filed in Singapore. Did a darned good job.

Quote Originally Posted by MadameChrysalis:
    Thanks dinosaurs88 and everyone else! .... Worse comes to worst, my Uncle was a lawyer and I believe he was a judge here in HK. ..... .
    MadameChrysalis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile;[URL="tel:3838939":
    3838939[/URL]]You can work here with a dependent visa, who told you that you couldn't?
    @hullexile,
    I thought I am subject to limit of stay.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    Make a plan. What is your plan ? If you don't know how to make a plan, see a counselor.DId you make the apppointment to see the marriage counselor when your husband agreed ? Have you booked an appointment ?
    @dinosaurs88,
    Will plan for this when he is done with a big company meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by MadameChrysalis:
    @hullexile,
    I thought I am subject to limit of stay.
    Do you limited in time or activity. You are allowed to work, in fact the conditions are much better than for those on an employment visa

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13