Like Tree18Likes

Air pollution really bad today?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There isn't much wind to blow away the domestically produced pollution and our friends up north are probably ramping up production in anticipation of a relatively early Chinese New Year. I'm sure the tropical storm also played some part in creating a weather system conducive to pollution building up.

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Hahaha.

But not quite obvious really...not all Christmss eves in HK have this bad air quality. And in the new Hong Kong, if they really hated Christmas, Xi could order Lam to cancel Christmas as a public holiday and it will be done.
    True … but then with past Christmas celebrations there was no NSL and Hong Kong still had some resemblance of a guided democracy. Pretty sure that two years later Xi would do exactly what you suggest, give it some time, they first had to get rid of all the Chinese student revolt memorials in the various HK universities. It’s all a matter of priorities.

No shit, sherlock. But why is today particularly bad, that is the question.
    Because the wind is coming from the north. Did you even look at the realtime airflow in the second link?

It's not like China closes down for the week before Christmas.

Or are you asking why is the wind coming from the north?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Because the wind is coming from the north. Did you even look at the realtime airflow in the second link?

It's not like China closes down for the week before Christmas.

Or are you asking why is the wind coming from the north?
    You don't get it, do you?

You don't get it, do you?
    dude what is it that you're trying to do, you asked a question but didn't like the answers and you seem to know the answer so why bother asking then or maybe you should ask HKO directly or do you like arguing
    Mcdavid, TheBrit, jgl and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    dude what is it that you're trying to do, you asked a question but didn't like the answers and you seem to know the answer so why bother asking then or maybe you should ask HKO directly or do you like arguing
    What am I trying to do? Discuss the pollution today. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? I don't like the answer? I am simply not convinced by it. Why are you making that out to be such a big deal? Its not. Me argue? Not on Christmas eve...
    Last edited by Coolboy; 24-12-2021 at 10:51 PM.

Well, some things remain constant. Perhaps I should find this reassuring.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Well, some things remain constant. Perhaps I should find this reassuring.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.
    And happy holidays.
    chuckster007 likes this.

The pollution in Tung Chung has been really bad for a few days. Was running air purifier all the time at home.

Coolboy likes this.