Like Tree16Likes

Lost wallet in taxi - Charge to radio broadcast?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lost wallet in taxi - Charge to radio broadcast?

Help, have a lost wallet in a taxi just now. Don't know the taxi number.

I called this Taxi lost & found hotline, but they say I have to pay $850 FPS for them to broadcast a message for the next half an hour. That seems kind of dodgy... Anyone have experience with that?

https://www.taxilost.com/en

Other suggestions for how to recover it ASAP? The taxi driver won't be far away.

Did the taxi go into your estate . If so , they might have it on cctv or management might have noted the carplate.

I've never used that channel before . They can broadcast but tf the driver isn't listening ...

No, it was a drop off at MTR station.

They do charge for the radio broadcasts. I wish HKTaxi disrupted this with alerts on their app.

One thing.. 99% or higher chance that the wallet will be emptied - either by the driver or a passenger. If that is an issue..

JAherbert and Elegiaque like this.

Ok $850 seems a bit high -- and only for a radio broadcast for half an hour. Yes, we expect money gone... but would be good to have enough to get home. Any idea how MTR staff might help to get a ride home?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

One thing.. 99% or higher chance that the wallet will be emptied - either by the driver or a passenger. If that is an issue..
    And some HK taxi drivers still wonder why the public see them as a crooked and dishonest bunch.

You have your phone? Any of the bank accounts on the phone support withdrawal by QR code? Or pay for a taxi home with the HKTaxi app, if your cards are not cancelled already?

I don't think the MTR staff will help.

Apparently the MTR have given a ticket. Should be able to get home penniless. Yes still have phone.

It's not me that has these experiences (not the first post of mine like this) -- it's my other half who is apparently the smarter one. Just feel a need for a little disclaimer that I personally studiously check the seats, look at license plate number, and stay calm. (AND use HK Taxi app, which would have been a big saver here...)

But I think this is bad karma because I saw someone this week who was asking staff if they could get a ticket home because they lost their wallet and I thought about it but didn't offer to pay to help them...

shri and dinosaurs88 like this.

Glad it worked out..

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri;[URL="tel:3846233":
    3846233[/URL]]

That estimate is a bit high for someone who seems to handle probability well, isn’t it?. I lost my wallet back in November on my way to the MTR, this is the street, and received a call from the police station, two days after the incident, to pick it up. It was not only the money (~$2,000) but the ID and credit cards which worried me. The wallet was intact. I would not think I was among the lucky 1% in that estimate.
    Last edited by Romeo_inblack_j; 24-01-2022 at 12:29 AM.
    Elegiaque, shri, JAherbert and 3 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast