Like Tree49Likes

West Kowloon green space to be convert into 1,820 parking spaces

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Errr that mistake has been corrected albeit few decades late, new HKMOA has many ceiling height glass windows for common area and regular wall for other areas to protect exhibits as @JAherbert mentioned..

Attachment 85875
    but double façade is double the price

What a massive (but very typical) fuck up. I was actually rather impressed by what the area was turning into when visiting for the first time in December... somewhere with at least a bit of a proper relationship with the water. Clearly it gave someone a nosebleed.

Original Post Deleted
    glass does not block UV passes through, may you mean UV-B and UV-C they are blocked

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    This doesn't sound remotely true
    The open ("green") area used to be way bigger in the past, before they built M+ and the other museum. There was a lcsd plant nursery on the side towards the typhoon shelter.
    Heck they even held clockenflap there for a couple years..so yea it was bigger
    shri, JAherbert and MatthieuTofu like this.

You side with what favors you. For me, I fucking cannot find parking ANYWHERE and end up getting tickets. There are either no parking spots, or just a few limited ones that is always occupied.

So I am glad to see some progress in expanding parking

Original Post Deleted
    Because like many here, he runs mostly on selfishness. Not too bothered about green spaces that bring pleasure to the masses because I need space to park my car (even if it still means a 15 minute walk from where I parked it).

It's not about siding with what favours you, it's about siding with what is better for the common good. Something many don't understand.

any motorcycle parking included - there is currently zero - closest legal is the opposite end of Elements!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    exhibits are easily damaged by UV (sunlight) particularly painting, to avoid that museums don't have any windows, locating a museum at a prime waterfront location is dumb dumb dumb. same as the rest of West Kowloon
    The windowless building isn't a musuem. There's very little art in there. Its a performance venue.
    Ironically the Museum of Art next to it does have windows and strikes a great balance between giving the public access to waterfront views of HK and protecting displayed art from sunlight exposure
    East_coast likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    How are the attendance figures for the West Kowloon Cultural District?

Would people using a carpark in the 'district' be counted as having visited the WKCD?
    vmlinuz likes this.

Why can't they just put the car park underground or somewhere else? What makes that area attractive is all the green space. If you replace it with car parking then there's no point going there.