Like Tree58Likes

Police change 7 Year Residency Requirements

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Or have never lived in a common law jurisdiction that has a guarantee of governance with the Rule of Law. Some assimilation would be sensible I would suggest.
    I am not saying it is a good idea. I just don't think it is a conspiracy in order to undermine hkpf.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Or have never lived in a common law jurisdiction that has a guarantee of governance with the Rule of Law. Some assimilation would be sensible I would suggest.
    You are just bullshitting around, fully knowing that there are many who were born in countries either with common law or with civil law ( something you probably never heard of ) and not in African dictatorships.
    THEN there is another subset that was born in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaravonbreit:
    they are not recruiting mainlanders, they are accepting applications from HK PRs that have not been living in the SAR for seven years. That's the case for some children of PRs who are Chinese nationals that live abroad.
    They are not or they wont?

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    They are not or they wont?
    I don't think they are currently planning to do that. They are just desperate to get enough recruits. And here is the problem: If everyone has this wearedoomendanyway-mindset, noone will try to solve the actual problem. We should all try to encourage young people with a brain of their own to consider this job opportunity. Because they are genuinly looking for hk people to join hk police.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaravonbreit:
    I don't think they are currently planning to do that. They are just desperate to get enough recruits. And here is the problem: If everyone has this wearedoomendanyway-mindset, noone will try to solve the actual problem. We should all try to encourage young people with a brain of their own to consider this job opportunity. Because they are genuinly looking for hk people to join hk police.
    Why do you think they are reluctant to join?
    rs4 and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Unless there is a legacy or a desire to serve.. Few people with brains join law enforcement... If you have brains there are a lot more places one can do a better job than staunchly implement the rule of law.

I said few.. Do know a few whose are wasting away their braincells for a huge pension.
    blandy62 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Unless there is a legacy or a desire to serve.. Few people with brains join law enforcement... If you have brains there are a lot more places one can do a better job than staunchly implement the rule of law.

I said few.. Do know a few whose are wasting away their braincells for a huge pension.
    the start up salary is 30-40k a month.
    more than graduates.
    no brain or few brains, no high education? Such a no brainer to join
    shri and AsianXpat0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    You are just bullshitting around, fully knowing that there are many who were born in countries either with common law or with civil law ( something you probably never heard of ) and not in African dictatorships.
    THEN there is another subset that was born in China.
    I am sure there are and there should be. A residency requirement period before applying to become a police officer is normal. Canada 5 years, New Zealand 2 years etc. Removing such a requirement would not be fair to the applicant who may not know the nuances of society and the role of the police if they start on their first day in a different jurisdiction.
    Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    Such a no brainer to join
    May be there is some big brain stuff going on that we mere mortals don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The messaging?

Name:  poster06-4.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  329.3 KB

Name:  s960_TANYA_Policing_SOCIAL_1200x628_01.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  732.9 KB

Name:  ead38868e62cbb25f3a120eb727d69e0.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  NYPD_OOH_1.jpg
Views: 193