Like Tree17Likes

Anyone successfully found their helper via online forums like Geoexpat?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by HSY:
    Isn't that worse than credit card charges... x_x
    I don't think helpers can get credit cards

yeah...no I meant that the terms are shitty by comparison in the scale of loan costs and charges as things are.

Isnt it even very hard for DH to open a bank account in HK?

It's easy for DH to open an account in HK. Our DH opened one at BOC in one day. She got an ATM card, online access to her account.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsalad:
    It's easy for DH to open an account in HK. Our DH opened one at BOC in one day. She got an ATM card, online access to her account.
    Indeed, ours opened one with HSBC, no issues at all. I even applied for a complimentary credit card (so linked to my account that is) for her and it was approved.
    RobRoy likes this.

Advertising here, agencies, own network, Helper Choice..where else to find helper?

I'm currently going through 2 agencies, my own network, and actively on Helper Choice to find a helper.

I know I can place an ad here as well to maximize my chance of finding a helper.

Wondering if there's anything else I can do or where else to look?

Thanks!

Are you on Facebook? - the group Hong Kong Moms and other local groups eg Southside Mums have regular postings by people leaving and looking for employers for their helper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapleleafgirl:
    I'm currently going through 2 agencies, my own network, and actively on Helper Choice to find a helper.

I know I can place an ad here as well to maximize my chance of finding a helper.

Wondering if there's anything else I can do or where else to look?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    Are you on Facebook? - the group Hong Kong Moms and other local groups eg Southside Mums have regular postings by people leaving and looking for employers for their helper.
    also Hong Kong domestic helper jobs (OFW, FDH) on facebook, you can post an ad.
    hullexile likes this.