Like Tree156Likes

Weird 7-11 staff encounter

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Weird 7-11 staff encounter

After work, I always buy 3 cans of beer from a 7-11 near my office. Staff knows me well, and sometimes jokes if I only get one can (I might have other plans for that night, or they don't have more than one can in stock).
    Then yesterday the staff suddenly went all weird on me: "No! Not 3 cans! Too heavy! [apparently referring to my weight] See doctor! Not good!".
    I tried to laugh it off, but ended up telling the lady it's actually none of her business what I buy.
    Like, wtf? Is she gonna lecture everyone who buys cigarettes? Has she set a personal limit for each customer for beer cans purchased?
    Well. I can take my 3-cans-a-day -purchase habit to another nearby 7-11 if it really bothers this lady so much. Just don't understand what brought about her tirade...

bznesbob likes this.

I agree with the staff. 3 cans a day is a lot.

are they the 3 large cans or 3 normal cans?

3 cans a day you’re like double the safe limit
    but it’s not the 7-11’s staff job to tell customers what they can buy or not

Only 3? You gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    After work, I always buy 3 cans of beer from a 7-11 near my office. Staff knows me well, and sometimes jokes if I only get one can (I might have other plans for that night, or they don't have more than one can in stock).
    Then yesterday the staff suddenly went all weird on me: "No! Not 3 cans! Too heavy! [apparently referring to my weight] See doctor! Not good!".
    I tried to laugh it off, but ended up telling the lady it's actually none of her business what I buy.
    Like, wtf? Is she gonna lecture everyone who buys cigarettes? Has she set a personal limit for each customer for beer cans purchased?
    Well. I can take my 3-cans-a-day -purchase habit to another nearby 7-11 if it really bothers this lady so much. Just don't understand what brought about her tirade...
    Awww, she obviously has a soft spot for you and is concerned about your well-being. That's so rare. Tell her its for your mental health and that's more important at present.

She thinks 3cans a day is too much, and she said it straight and direct in typical HK fashion. I see nothing unusual about that.

She’s not wrong though

Gollygordon likes this.

Surely none of her business but perhaps a cool opportunity to stop with this habit and instead buying e.g. 3 bottles of water after work? Not lecturing you whatsoever - just give it a try and mark it down in your calendar Let’s see how you feel in a month or so …

hike likes this.

Sounds like you should move to Australia. We buy beer buy the carton here, invented the drive thru bottle shop otherwise would be too heavy to carry. You'd be laughed at buying 3 cans down here!

Name:  beer.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  103.9 KB

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast