Like Tree23Likes

Become a Catholic at Rosary Church, TST

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    I lived there too (grew up in neighboring Maplewood). Also had a few good friends who worked at Bell Labs > Avaya. And an uncle who did his entire career at Bell Labs.
    Yes, Maplewood and South Orange were, at one time, the same town...I thought I would do my whole career there as well, pretty much all the patent attorneys I worked with were axed or left after...Lucent, Alcatel, Nokia...etc. I was the first rat to leave the sinking ship... Nice area, taxes WAY too high...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Yes, Maplewood and South Orange were, at one time, the same town...I thought I would do my whole career there as well, pretty much all the patent attorneys I worked with were axed or left after...Lucent, Alcatel, Nokia...etc. I was the first rat to leave the sinking ship... Nice area, taxes WAY too high...
    The two towns share a school district and (more recently) a fire department, so perhaps moving toward one-town consolidation again (I think the nature of the forms of government are the sticking point). And yes famously high taxes despite which I still have several family members living there.

And now back to the regularly scheduled thread.... Become a Catholic at Rosary Church, TST

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    And now back to the regularly scheduled thread.... Become a Catholic at Rosary Church, TST
    Could you not have turned the other cheek?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3