Like Tree30Likes

Kitchen light socket burnt

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Got the LED light installed, no problems but are there options regarding the light being white or yellow?

The guy got us white but I'm considering getting it in yellow if there is such an option.

Yes there is basically 3 main types of light. Warm(yellow), Natural(Daylight) and Cool(White). The lower the "K", the more yellow it is.

Name:  LED-Light-colour-choices-800x430_1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  51.1 KB

Yes, there are many colors- I hate the super bright white, there are warmer options (often termed "warm" and "cool" when you buy them).

bdw and periphery831 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    Got the LED light installed, no problems but are there options regarding the light being white or yellow?

The guy got us white but I'm considering getting it in yellow if there is such an option.
    2700k is what you want. The higher the number, the colder and whiter the light will be.

https://www.ledlightexpert.com/under...eratures_ep_79
    periphery831 likes this.

The only issue is how usual are your bulbs- if they are widely available, your color choices are also wide. If more unusual, you may not have as many choices (in shops, go online to get the choice).

When I lived in Japan, many, many people preferred the cool white (could see when you walked by blocks of flats). I don't know how people could stand that color. They loved super bright lighting...to each his own...

periphery831 likes this.

Thanks guys. I will get the warm white but I'm guessing I have to buy another light as you can't change the LED without changing the whole fixture?

How long do these types of LED last before needing to be replaced?

Also sometimes LED's can have a switch on the back where you can change it between the 3 modes.

Name:  LED.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  37.2 KB

I replaced my Ceiling Light that was a Philips 32 watts circular type fluorescent

Got me a Tri-Color Circular LED with remote that can change color & even dim the LED's which was not possible before because LED's are not inherently dimmable

similar
    Name:  sample1.png
Views: 63
Size:  689.9 KB

periphery831 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    Thanks guys. I will get the warm white but I'm guessing I have to buy another light as you can't change the LED without changing the whole fixture?

How long do these types of LED last before needing to be replaced?
    Pics? I had a weird outdoor one that was hard to penetrate but could somehow replace (but were weird, whole fixture ended up being replaced, a typhoon casualty). People here can give you advice about what you can do...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Pics? I had a weird outdoor one that was hard to penetrate but could somehow replace (but were weird, whole fixture ended up being replaced, a typhoon casualty). People here can give you advice about what you can do...
    Name:  68829d64-50dc-4186-b946-1d72899e669e.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  70.8 KBName:  a486290d-5674-4429-a6c8-fac4a167cddb.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  94.6 KB