Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

Possible package delay from USPS?

Possible package delay from USPS?

Hi all. So originally I bought something online around mid May, and got my tracking info around early June, after so around mid July it arrived to HK airport but was sadly returned to the sender, probably because the customs rejected it. So I emailed the sender to mail back to me. I've waited for around 2 weeks or so, and finally it arrived at HK and departed the transfer airport, which I assume is still in HK because the tracking hasn't updated since 28th of August. Until now, I still haven't receive my package yet. So I emailed the customs, and they said my package isn't being held back by the customs, and I emailed the HK Post Office and they said package starting with the letter U are not recorded and will be processed as ordinary mail once it arrives to the HK. Does anyone know whether I'll get an notification on my phone or email once it goes out of delivery?

P.S. My item is an album, sent by UMG. Carrier in the US are done by the USPS

UPDATE: It was lost in transit.

Quote Originally Posted by vvclokz:
    UPDATE: It was lost in transit.
    HK post track and trace team is quite efficient once the package has arrived in HK. Have you contacted them?

https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/faq_s...inward_courier
    Last edited by shri; 27-09-2022 at 08:54 AM.
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    HK post track and trace team is quite efficient once the package has arrived in HK. Have you contacted them?
    Depends where you live, lots of thefts in my area and no follow up. They basically say the delivered it but I never heard about anything, if I'm not home they can leave it at the reception so their excuse was BS.

Album as in vinyl? There's something weird about US shipping to HK involving vinyl, it triggers some sort of restriction somewhere. Hope you get it soon, longest I've waited is about 3 months.

Contacted the sender and HK Post. They said my package was most likely to be lost in transit. Told them to reship once again. If it goes sideways guess I’ll have to refund it