Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By aw451
  • 1 Post By sarsi
  • 1 Post By redslert

Consistent experience with HK building security guards?

Consistent experience with HK building security guards?

I don't mind showing my ID and logging in.

What annoys me is when I've been coming to the same building, the same day every week for 5 years, I have to wait for the lift and get stopped to check in.

I don't know why it bothers me so much. I think it's the inconsistency in the way security guards get shuffled around buildings, so a community element starts to build, only to have it randomly destroyed.

Residential building as a resident or a commercial building on weekends?

I would think its commercial. Surely security has no right to say who can come in and out of private residences.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I would think its commercial. Surely security has no right to say who can come in and out of private residences.
    One of the buildings in West Kowloon has tough as nails security. They insist on guests being pre-registered and call their central guard office to check or if not registered they call the resident. Partly because they have multiple entrances and connected to an MTR station...

Commercial buildings should be registering visitors after office hours in my opinion.

Varies wildly what residential building guards have as policy. Anything from letting everyone in (which is common), to doing some type of selection (white people auto let in, other skin colors not so much), to buildings where you need to state the name of resident you are visiting, the lift only operates by card and the guard will follow you to the residents door to make sure you are welcomed into the apartment (I find this an awkward one at my friends place).

Every housing estate have housewives with nothing better to do than complain - Karens.

it is not worth the risk of loosing your job as a security person. Also many managers review security tapes for failure... again not worth it for the security guard.

UniqueUserName likes this.

I get the inconsistent experience for this.. getting checked when I've been around for >1 or more yrs when they seem to wave and nod at not all but some others..I got irritated enough that I didn't contribute to the laisee box for a couple of years to make myself feel better.

Then suddenly one day I just went, what the hell am I doing..maybe they just don't recognize me all that much and can't be sure. I just assumed my face would be striking enough that they wld have mentally logged it by now or at least be diligent guards and tried to rem it...so I got over it.. :x

Same when this happens retails..like some store I been going for years and I thought they know me then something happens that makes me realize oh I'm as good as a random customer that just waltzed in, I get all hot and bothered and boycott it. Now I just accept maybe it's me looking like one of the mob and move on ;_;

UniqueUserName likes this.

@sarsi you gotta remember that you only see one cashier in 7/11 but the cashier sees 1000 people in a given week. Catch flies with honey if you want to be remembered

shri likes this.

Not me.. I have seen the light and one w the peace. Amitabha 🙏

@UniqueUserName..