Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 1 Post By ndt

India not issuing tourist visas for HKSAR passports?

India not issuing tourist visas for HKSAR passports?

Just heard from a friend that India is not issuing tourist visas for HK SAR and Macau passport holders .

Does anyone have an idea why this is the case and if any other visas are easy to get?

whoops,wrong info. ignore

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Just heard from a friend that India is not issuing tourist visas for HK SAR and Macau passport holders .

Does anyone have an idea why this is the case and if any other visas are easy to get?
    They don't issue tourist visas for Chinese..... Do they?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    They don't issue tourist visas for Chinese..... Do they?
    They do... Not sure what's going on. Some temp political nonsense

Out of curiosity, was a visa always required to visit India with an HKSAR passport? I see it's not on the updated list of visa free access countries.

Is it a real visa in the normal sense that is required, or a pre-registration like what HK requires of Indians?

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    Out of curiosity, was a visa always required to visit India with an HKSAR passport? I see it's not on the updated list of visa free access countries.Is it a real visa in the normal sense that is required, or a pre-registration like what HK requires of Indians?
    HKSAR has needed a a REAL VISA to enter India. filling in the e-visa form is like filling in your life history

What countries are visa-free to India?
    Afghanistan.
    Bangladesh.
    Bhutan.
    China.
    Nepal.
    Pakistan.
    Sri Lanka.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    HKSAR has needed a a REAL VISA to enter India. filling in the e-visa form is like filling in your life history
    Chinese need an e-visa as well and they have been unavailable since last year. I assume they just moved HK and Macau into the same category now. The e-visa website doesn't list them anymore and you can't choose them anymore from the citizenship list in the application form.

印度拒绝向中国公民发放电子旅游签 !​ - 时事新闻 - 中印大同网-中印_印度旅游_印度留学_印度电影
    shri likes this.

I think e-visa dropping is just tit for tat thingy to add more checks and balances, paper application at consulate/embassy is still possible.

shri likes this.

Some Chinese can apply for evisa