Like Tree107Likes

Don't mock the people from the north

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    Being a flight attendant is a service industry. If you don't want to serve and interact with people, then work as a taxidermist.

The passenger asked for a blanket. There is no need to be bitchy, condescending , mocking about it...the type of behaviour that is found in primary school. playgrounds.

The tone was nasty, and those who said those mocking words assumed that they were superior in the English language, except they couldn't string a sentence together grammatically, and was semi broken English.

If you are an air steward, you are supposed to be well travelled, tolerant. Passenger wants a blanket, give a blanket. What is the problem ? No need to mouth off about it. I am sure that there are many really nice pleasant airline crew , but tainted by these three. How many other passengers did they mock and treat badly ?
    He apparently asked for a carpet. Funnily enough, I usually use the word "rug" when asking for a blanket on a plane. Which is pretty close to carpet and I'm a native English speaker!

https://www.economist.com/china/2023...alist-not-woke

this is now the way of the world and that ethic/corporate culture did not originate from the mainland
    Possibly an interesting side debate to have. Senkaku/Diaoyutai dispute prompted “over-reacting protesters” to smash Japanese cars and restaurants, followed by another round of protest marches setting fire to Japanese cars and businesses, along with looting. Interestingly my brief browse to refresh my memory didn’t see these described as rioting.

Now I don’t know if that counts as cancel culture, but that was in 2012, while references to cancel culture really seem to take off in the late 2010s. You might be on slightly firmer ground about American firms making the bar so low for people globally, but between HR-driven policies of multinationals, or the consumer, whether American or Chinese, which really is the chicken and the egg? You have my sympathies btw, when you have workplace policies against bullying but now complaints consist of vilifying your coworkers or preventive interventions when the pendulum swung too far. Confusing world we live in when building a tolerant workplace becomes all about intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Wow. Just wow. Seems like CX just isn't patriotic enough. "Openly humiliating"? LOL!

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ong-kongs-flag

"Staff at Hong Kong’s flag carrier Cathay Pacific keep hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons. Over the past few days, the airline has been embroiled in a widening scandal as its crew were caught openly humiliating mainland Chinese passengers. Recently, its pilots were accused of deliberately slowing down while taxiing their planes. In the second of a two-part series, Laura Westbrook and Oscar Liu explore pilots’ grievances.'
    The CX Swine scum management and bean counters should be asking WHY the pilots are taxiing so slow, instead of reprimanding them. Actually, they do know, but they don't care. They have their old salaries back while everyone else had to take huge permanent pay cuts.

Also, maybe if you don't pay something as ridiculous as 9k basic salary then you won't end up with morons who don't have the common sense of knowing it's a dumb idea to talk smack about passengers within earshot of them. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

I'm sure this is partly driven by an institutional edict - remember the 5th wave and how it started in a hotel cross-infection when a women in her 3rd week of quarantine caught it from a new arrival across the hall, and yet the narrative has long since been changed in Govt and media to blame the cathay pilots who decided to go out partying when they should've been isolating.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    He apparently asked for a carpet. Funnily enough, I usually use the word "rug" when asking for a blanket on a plane. Which is pretty close to carpet and I'm a native English speaker!

Rug. I see.

Well, that's a bit 'unusual'.

fragile hearts
    this is what a nation of single kids becoming little emperors has become
    they should be reminded what goes around comes around

When I saw the subject title, I thought it was going to be about the North of England/ UK (so either about Mancs/Scousers/Geordies or Scots respectively).

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    When I saw the subject title, I thought it was going to be about the North of England/ UK (so either about Mancs/Scousers/Geordies or Scots respectively).
    We don't punch down on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    Mancs/Scousers/Geordie.
    What are those? Dog breeds?

I think they usually speak Mandarin - wonder why the exchange was in English. Also the chatter amongst themselves.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast