Like Tree20Likes

HKID Replacement for PR

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    I called immigration today and they said they don't have any walk-in quota now.
    Ah never mind..

I called immigration today and they said they don't have any walk-in quota now.
    They hadn't been accepting walk-in quotas since February 2023.

I managed to book 3 slots yesterday in span of 24hrs. There is no better choice, but to sit and keep refreshing the browser. The slots randomly pops up when someone release their slot.

Attachment 89007

After waiting more than 1 hour, I stuck with this screen.

On refresh, page stopped displaying the table.

I don't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    I managed to book 3 slots yesterday in span of 24hrs. There is no better choice, but to sit and keep refreshing the browser. The slots randomly pops up when someone release their slot.
    Until they work through the backlog, this is the reality. It took us a few months of trying to get a spot.
    BritishRose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Never heard of this before, you would always need to have an "interview" to have PR approved, where they check your documents and you make a statement that you have taken Hong Kong as your home and so on.

Did you make a statement like that online?
    When my friend reverified for his PR in May, he only had an 'interview' in HK and then submitted all of his documents online.

But his situation was different though as he already had PR, but didn't go back within the 36 months because of COVID-19.
    HK Immigration can be quite generous in situations like this it seems.