View Poll Results: What should HK's smoking policy be?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allow smoking everywhere, without restrictions

6 7.23%
  • Revert to the pre-1st January 2007 policy

0 0%
  • Keep to the current policy permanently

14 16.87%
  • Go ahead with 1st July 2009 blanket ban on smoking in bars, nightclubs, etc.

21 25.30%
  • Smoking should only be allowed in private residences, not in the street, open air, etc.

30 36.14%
  • Ban all tobacco products completely without exceptions

12 14.46%

Smoking poll

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    I have not seen it reported where they have said the actual distance - they just say "outside" or something general like that. If it was so close, why not drag the guy to the hospital? If my parent was collapsed "outside", I would not just sit there reading the "Emergency" sign. A sad tale indeed.
    told to call 999 instead of being offered on-the-spot treatment just meters from the doors of the hospital.
    I would hypothesize, that had that been an expat patient, the son would have done the "loud, angry gwei lo routine" at that half-wit girl to bloody well call a doctor and wouldn't have just accepted her bs "party line"

I agree. It's not just the poor receptionist who was clearly not thinking for herself in this case, appalling though it was. I would have screamed the place down if that had been me trying to get a doctor!

I think the world would be better and we'd all be healthier if smoking never was invented.

I've never understood what's good about smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipH:
    Knowing he has a wife + new born baby, she still managed to go back into the building?? WTF?
    Eh? So if he'd been single and just, say, delivering the newspapers it would have been perfectly OK for her to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Eh? So if he'd been single and just, say, delivering the newspapers it would have been perfectly OK for her to do so?
    Of course not, but knowing makes it even (if possible) worse. She knows him and still walks away ?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9