Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By yardbird
  • 1 Post By aquaman

Courier suggestion from Malaysia to Hong Kong

Courier suggestion from Malaysia to Hong Kong

Hi there,

I just newly move to HK and I wanted to ship some food and clothes from my hometown in Malaysia to Hong Kong but im not sure which courier is good and any issue with shipping food into HK? My mum try to send a box of food before but it got stuck at custom and was sent back to her. Not sure whats the main reason. So far im looking at Sevenseas and its 1800HKD for 25-30 days shipment. Kinda pricey. Any trusted and affordable ones? Thanks!

What "food" are you trying to send?

What is the total weight?

What do you need that’s not available at all the Chinese / indonesian / Indian stores ?

muzzdang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    What do you need that’s not available at all the Chinese / indonesian / Indian stores ?
    A friend brings over some malaysian chilli garlic thingy ... not available anywhere here in HK, trust me, I have looked. And there are always home made, local spices etc...

OP - Food as such is not banned or blocked by customs. Have received food packages from India during festive seasons in the past.

Both regular postal packages or whatever malaysian courier is reputable should work.

Hi Diana
    Ipoh was my home town for many years and I love Malaysian food, so I understand
    I worked in KL in 2016 and flew frequently KL-HK-KL, and I miss the makan !
    AirAsia will get you to KL and back for HK$200 according to the emails i get from them.
    Take a big suitcase and fill it up in KL (meet your mum?) and fly back next day!
    That,s my humble suggestion

shri, jayinhongkong and muzzdang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yardbird:
    Hi Diana
    Ipoh was my home town for many years and I love Malaysian food, so I understand
    I worked in KL in 2016 and flew frequently KL-HK-KL, and I miss the makan !
    AirAsia will get you to KL and back for HK$200 according to the emails i get from them.
    Take a big suitcase and fill it up in KL (meet your mum?) and fly back next day!
    That,s my humble suggestion
    With those budget airlines those are usually the lowest fares limited number & flying out 3am on Tues coming back 5am. With normal fares it could be 1.7-2.5k plus a big suitcase will cost extra there and back.

Ofcourse you have to decide your budget and choose your flight accordingly, and there are add-ons for everything. On a slightly different note we have 300,000 plus domestic helpers here, and the "door to door" business is huge as they send big boxes full of almost everything to the Philippines and Indonesia for their families. A one cubic metre box to Manila (weight is not an issue as far as I know, nor is customs) can be done for HK$700. It's a shame there isn't the same kind of service between Malaysia and HK.

Might want to try SF Express or just send it using the postal system, packed appropriately and not perishable...

https://www.sf-international.com/my/.../freight_aging