Like Tree70Likes

Who gets a laisee and how much?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hkemail888:
    most expats are making 1-2million a month? I don’t think so
    Sorry, too many zeroes, been sick these past few days- 10-20x. OK? With some also getting stock options etc.

A lot of people making HK 20,000 or less per year that you deal with every day, many high level expats making at least 2M HKD per year. A level where you could cut loose with a little lai see, spread the love...
    Hkemail888 and Mrs. Jones like this.

Not sure how true it is, but someone reasonably credible told me the reason we have the HKD10 note (issued differently to all the rest) is because after the financial crisis everyone was feeling tight and demanded a lower denomination than the 20 to give out.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Call me tight but street cleaners and refuse workers are the ONLY people I give to.
    I wouldn't call you tight, I would call you traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    They do in the bloody office! Virtually begging/demanding in some cases. Nowt from me.
    Stand your ground, you are not their employer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebi the shrimp:
    I wouldn't call you tight, I would call you traditional.

Stand your ground, you are not their employer!
    don’t worry after 12 years they know the drill

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Sorry, too many zeroes, been sick these past few days- 10-20x. OK? With some also getting stock options etc.

A lot of people making HK 20,000 or less per MONTH that you deal with every day, many high level expats making at least 2M HKD per year. A level where you could cut loose with a little lai see, spread the love...
    More typos, came back to TW from HK with some kind of terrible flu (not covid), been sick and working from home all week, brain not functioning correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Not sure how true it is, but someone reasonably credible told me the reason we have the HKD10 note (issued differently to all the rest) is because after the financial crisis everyone was feeling tight and demanded a lower denomination than the 20 to give out.
    Very plausible ..

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:

A lot of people making HK 20,000 or less per year that you deal with every day, many high level expats making at least 2M HKD per year. A level where you could cut loose with a little lai see, spread the love...
    Curious, which people make less than 20k a year? If my math is correct then that's 4x less than the minimum wage, which is what I guess street cleaners earn?

Btw, I don't mind giving money to hard working people who need it at all. It means little to me, but it means a lot to them.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...pockets-stolen

Absolutely disgusting. Someone needs their legs broken!
    shri, north2, Skyhook and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Also our practice.

There's a couple of small local restaurants I frequent. First visit after CNY and I give Lai See to the wait staff and the kitchen workers (who I suspect usually get left out).
    YES! I always tried to seek out the restaurant workers who would take care of me regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Curious, which people make less than 20k a year? If my math is correct then that's 4x less than the minimum wage, which is what I guess street cleaners earn?

Btw, I don't mind giving money to hard working people who need it at all. It means little to me, but it means a lot to them.
    See post #25
    Crankshaft likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast