Newbies in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Taguro:

And the charm of HK has long died off. (Cant remeber when I has my last chinese meal (not as nice as the uk chinese takeaways by far))
    no comment necessary

Talking Come on, guys....

The hot DJane in From Dusk Till Dawn is the best and hottest DJ(ane)in town, much better than Paul Oakenford etc.... ;-)

In general, nightlife in HK is not too bad though... it is just different from major cities like London, Paris or Moscow (where the party scene is fabulous). I have the impression it is every week the same.
    Especially in Wan Chai, where the atmosphere is much more relaxed than in LKF, most clubs / bars play exactly the same music, probably even in the same order - week after week, day after day?! Thats really weird and also boring...

Always happy and wet clubbing

D.

I think the longer you live in HK, the more boring it becomes...just like most cities around the world. Places like LKF are great at first, but you soon get sick of seeing 40+ year old men (expat) talking and acting like a kid who's had their first ever drink. It just becomes somewhere to take friends/family to when they visit. If you are only here on a short term basis then its pretty good! HK is really just a city of bars to catch up for a drink, it's in no way a club city.

Well, I thought or at least childishly assumed it was gonna last at least 6 months rather than 3 months and a bit. The repetition here is just like Bill Murray's "ground hog day" you think you woke up on the same day and nothing ever is different, other than seeing an ageing face in the mirror.
    I think the whole issue of getting uber-drunk is that most of these guys have never left their home-nation before and have to act "cool" to impress the chinese minxs...
    Dont get me wrong, djs are as different as people's taste buds (It was just an opinion)

Camaron- Comments are always neccessary its a public forum FFS, plus it wasnt offensive or derrogatory in any fashion, it was simply a personal opinion on taste...

Well, I've been here about 2.6 years and still find Hong Kong endlessly fascinating. There is a lot of great green to explore, local profeesional groups with interesting seminars, etc. and some fabulous restaurants of all sorts. Sure there are aspects that seriously bug me...but so what?! Bars are the same everywhere after the third drink...that's no measure of a place.

Talking

'local profeesional groups with interesting seminars'

JJ, you're showing your age! LOL

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by JJexpat:
    but so what?! Bars are the same everywhere after the third drink...that's no measure of a place.
    Well, I disagree there. A good bar/pub where you can feel safe and know that you aint going to be judged is a rather hard thing to find here. You might not think it is a good way to measure a place, but I do since I have said before its a not bad megacity but the nightlife has a lot to desire.
    Like Baron nicely put it "must be an age difference" so we have different life priorities.