Like Tree55Likes

Dubai sheikh's family office

Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cramped island
    Posts
    5,624
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Are there really? What do you get for USD 400 million?
    in singapore, a 400m USD family office set up allows you to have an employment visa (not a PR) for the principal plus maybe 1 additional hunchman.. that's about all from what i heard last.. the numbers jumped up and down over the last 10 or 20 years, but been quite stringent and high these days..
    newhkpr likes this.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    29,866
    Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    in singapore, a 400m USD family office set up allows you to have an employment visa (not a PR) for the principal plus maybe 1 additional hunchman.. that's about all from what i heard last.. the numbers jumped up and down over the last 10 or 20 years, but been quite stringent and high these days..
    Doesn't seem worth it.
    newhkpr likes this.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cramped island
    Posts
    5,624
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Doesn't seem worth it.
    haha. that's the family office visa. anyway seems to have dropped down to 200m recently.. not sure the exact amount. Gives the principal and the family visa into singapore.. but the family office need to eventually hires people blar blar blar for you to get a renewal of the visa after 5years...

    seems some guys do like to have that.. not sure if its worth...

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2023
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    haha. that's the family office visa. anyway seems to have dropped down to 200m recently.. not sure the exact amount. Gives the principal and the family visa into singapore.. but the family office need to eventually hires people blar blar blar for you to get a renewal of the visa after 5years...

    seems some guys do like to have that.. not sure if its worth...

    When you're Saudi/UAE-rich why bother with a visa for Singapore? Equally hot, small, and you get the same if not more bling bling in Dubai. Those folks buy property in London/NYC, not Singa for some 5 year visa to live there.
    TheDevil_666 likes this.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    148

    Singapore has always been one (or more) step ahead of "relic of the past" Hk

    newhkpr and Hkemail888 like this.

  6. #16

    Dubai prince cum businessman postpones opening of office cum home.


  7. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    48,121
    Quote Originally Posted by newhkpr:
    When you're Saudi/UAE-rich why bother with a visa for Singapore? Equally hot, small, and you get the same if not more bling bling in Dubai. Those folks buy property in London/NYC, not Singa for some 5 year visa to live there.
    Taxes... It is Asia's swiss city.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2023
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Taxes... It is Asia's swiss city.
    Taxes in Dubai are 0%.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    48,121
    Quote Originally Posted by newhkpr:
    Taxes in Dubai are 0%.
    Those folks buy property in London/NYC,
    Singapore represents an easier and cheaper way to get money sorted with few questions asked.
    newhkpr and north2 like this.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    48,121

    The sheik currently known as prince will be here in May.

    "Due to some urgent unexpected private matters, Sheikh Ali Rashed Ali Saeed Al Maktoum from Dubai, has decided to postpone the opening ceremony of the Family Office to the end of May this year, when the Sheikh will visit Hong Kong again." the statement wrote.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/214945/
    newhkpr likes this.

Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast