Like Tree9Likes

Do you guys think if fate/ destiny play a big role in relationships?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Do you guys think if fate/ destiny play a big role in relationships?

We have always heard “if it’s meant to be……”
    Is it like from the start you are meant to be single(?), get married etc (?)

You get out of life what you put in. In everything there is some chance and there is some doing the right thing.

shafiq likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    You get out of life what you put in. In everything there is some chance and there is some doing the right thing.
    And then there is the whole random walk theory...

Drink plays a big part in one night relationships

rani likes this.

To put it very simply, if you put shit into a relationship, that's what you'll get in return. A solid relationship only works if you have, passion, love, trust, a little bit of mystery and most importantly, loyalty.

My wife and I have been together, 19 years this Easter and also celebrating our 15th year of marriage.

It works for us because financially our families, were pretty equal and never saw each other as a dependent or meal ticket.
    Our combined industriousness and willingness to take risks, I think is what makes us, us. I'd be lost without her, and know how lucky we are with what we have. Over our time together, so many of our HK friends have divorced, thanks to the Wan Chai wandering eye and alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    To put it very simply, if you put shit into a relationship, that's what you'll get in return. A solid relationship only works if you have, passion, love, trust, a little bit of mystery and most importantly, loyalty.

My wife and I have been together, 19 years this Easter and also celebrating our 15th year of marriage.

It works for us because financially our families, were pretty equal and never saw each other as a dependent or meal ticket.
    Our combined industriousness and willingness to take risks, I think is what makes us, us. I'd be lost without her, and know how lucky we are with what we have. Over our time together, so many of our HK friends have divorced, thanks to the Wan Chai wandering eye and alcohol.
    But was it fate / destiny?

Quote Originally Posted by Amber25:
    We have always heard “if it’s meant to be……”
    Is it like from the start you are meant to be single(?), get married etc (?)
    No not at all.

1. You might meet someone by chance. But if you don't get out there and meet people, if you're not open to engage with people, then it's unlikely the right person will just fall in your lap.
    2. Successful relationships take lots of work. It's not easy, and love really isn't enough to sustain a long-term partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    No not at all.

1. You might meet someone by chance. But if you don't get out there and meet people, if you're not open to engage with people, then it's unlikely the right person will just fall in your lap.
    2. Successful relationships take lots of work. It's not easy, and love really isn't enough to sustain a long-term partnership.
    I know a woman who had a long written list of requirements for her husband to be. Twenty years later she is still single.

I agree you have to give destiny a chance. I actually think there are thousands of the right person out there or people would not so easily find new partners or have affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I know a woman who had a long written list of requirements for her husband to be. Twenty years later she is still single.

I agree you have to give destiny a chance. I actually think there are thousands of the right person out there or people would not so easily find new partners or have affairs.
    Completely agree that there is more than one compatible person for everyone. That kind of goes against the fate / destiny / it's meant to be argument though doesn't it?
    Crankshaft likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Completely agree that there is more than one compatible person for everyone. That kind of goes against the fate / destiny / it's meant to be argument though doesn't it?
    As an evangelical Christian of the Wesleyan-Arminian school I don't believe in fate or destiny. What happens is either a result of the consequences of our free will choices or God's will or some combination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast