Travel Shop?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Travel Shop?

Hi guys,

On the lookout for a Travel Shop. I know a few 'Outdoor' Shops exist around Fa Yuen St in Mongkok, but wondering if there was anything more specific to travel / backpacking around? You know, where I can buy sleeping bag liners, repellents, travel packs, etc. Someone mentioned Wan Chai, but that's all I've heard..

Somewhere on the Island would be good, but Kowloon isn't too much of a hassle either.

Many thanks!

Megabox has one, there should be a lot around Mongkok as hiking is very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom:
    Hi guys,

On the lookout for a Travel Shop. I know a few 'Outdoor' Shops exist around Fa Yuen St in Mongkok, but wondering if there was anything more specific to travel / backpacking around? You know, where I can buy sleeping bag liners, repellents, travel packs, etc. Someone mentioned Wan Chai, but that's all I've heard..

Somewhere on the Island would be good, but Kowloon isn't too much of a hassle either.

Many thanks!
    You can buy all of he abovementioned things in the better outdoor shops. Chamonix and RC Outfitters (the latter has a branch in CWB) are the best ones.

Can we be a little more specific in terms of locations / names of store?

I only found one decent place in Mong Kok and it was far from comprehensive.

Cheers!

Chamonix is in on the corner of sneaker street and the ladies market in Mongkok - exit from Exit E (towards Bank centre) of MTR, cross one small road and walk down the lane directly ahead of you and it's on the first corner (RIGHT on the corner) on the right. As noted above, it's very good.

I have found a "travel" shop - on the 1st floor of a strip mall on Nathan road - approximately opposite Knutsford Terrace, if you are walking AWAY from the harbour it's about half way between the TST MTR and the Jordan MTR on the left - a small strip of shops right next to the park, there are two shops in the complex and the whole of the top (second floor) is a travel store.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I have found a "travel" shop - on the 1st floor of a strip mall on Nathan road - approximately opposite Knutsford Terrace, if you are walking AWAY from the harbour it's about half way between the TST MTR and the Jordan MTR on the left - a small strip of shops right next to the park, there are two shops in the complex and the whole of the top (second floor) is a travel store.
    Sweet, I'll check it out tomorrow!

Cheers.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There is Protrek (PROTREK : The Outdoor One-Stop Shop) in Wanchai, among other locations.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom:
    Can we be a little more specific in terms of locations / names of store?

I only found one decent place in Mong Kok and it was far from comprehensive.

Cheers!
    It's not rocket science- both stores can be found via the magic website called Google

I'm developing a new Geoexpat pet peeve here...

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

jgl: I suggested a similar solution to someone on the "Dark Side" and the lady explained she couldn't check Google because she didn't have access to the Internet. Assume nothing and deny everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Assume nothing and deny everything...
    Or use the frustration...
    Last edited by jgl; 22-12-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast