Hiring a Domestic Helper to start Immediately

Closed Thread

Hiring a Domestic Helper to start Immediately

Ok- there's probably a thread already that addresses this, but I can't find it!

We need to hire a Helper to start as soon as possible. (we have a couple of weeks leeway, but not too much more)
    We can't figure out the immigration rules regarding this. In what situation (breaking a contract, finishing a contract, employer terminating because they're leaving the country, etc) can a helper sign a new contract and start immediately?

Thanks for your help- we've read through the government site and are either missing the info, or it doesn't address this clearly.

hi! im currently looking for an employer. my contract will end by january 2009. . .i would be open for interview anytime, my contact no. is 98536061. hope to hear from you.thanks and more power.

The only way you can have a helper start immediately is if they don't have to return to their home country before starting a new contract.

This means you need to find someone who has completed a contract or whose contract was terminated early due to the family leaving Hong Kong "for good" or if the employer terminated the contract due to financial reasons.

If you haven't already started searching for a helper, then it is very unlikely you will find a helper to start immediately. Even if you could, it would be foolish to pick the first helper that comes along who can start immediately. Making a bad hiring decision is one that you literally have to live with.

Best advice at this point is to engage some helper agencies for help and tell everyone you know that you are looking for a helper.

Good luck.

Due to extreme personality conflicts between two of my helpers, I need to break a contract with one of them. we've talked it out and this house is too small to have this much tension and i need someone to help me out with cleaning. however, i do not wish to uproot the helper i terminate and send her back to philippines bc of an early contract break. could i do the service of breaking the contract on the grounds of financial reasons, so she can find work immediately? our household only really needs one, but i can't keep both anymore...advice, please?