Where to find low priced LEGAL DVDs ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Because VCD is more popular here, DVDs seem to be more expensive. The DVDs i bought when i first moved here varied in quality, plus i don't like un-removeable sub's!

>> un-removeable sub's

what is it ?

>> un-removeable sub's
    Permanent subtitles. You cannot switch them off. These were common in VCDs and in cheap Indonesian made DVDs.

if you're looking for something really obscure, though, buying the DVD is really the only way to go. pretty much everything I buy is obscure; if not, I pick it up in China for a song

What do you mean by 'obscure'?

by obscure i mean stuff that most people in HK aren't interested in...for example, reggae DVD's or hip-hop documentaries. Examples include Beef and Scarface 4 Life (documentary about Riker's Island, the jail for New York City). I recently purchased Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, which I haven't seen for sale anywhere in HK or China...not that I really look for DVDs in HK....

Theres always HMV, although the prices there are a joke. For obscure stuff you can't beat Torrent files!

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    by obscure i mean stuff that most people in HK aren't interested in...for example, reggae DVD's or hip-hop documentaries. Examples include Beef and Scarface 4 Life (documentary about Riker's Island, the jail for New York City). I recently purchased Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, which I haven't seen for sale anywhere in HK or China...not that I really look for DVDs in HK....
    Scarred 4 Lyfe was crazy, you seen the "Hood to Hood" one where they go to all the hoods in America and film.

i seen those ones for sale, havent had a chance to peep em yet. bring em with you when you come out here