Rant of no interest to anyone

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

My missus went to the consulate to get a new passport in her married name? Does that count as notification to them? Or would that be another useless department?

Oh - someone told me non-permanent residents had to pay approx. HKD 39K.
    ANYONE with a valid HKID is considered resident and is eligible for the cheap medical services...it is non-residents that must pay heftily, including the mainlanders streaming over the border to give birth here.

sorry, shilo, i just saw that someone else has already set the record straight...

have a great christmas everyone! (esp. you hux... you sound like you could use a good one!)

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    My missus went to the consulate to get a new passport in her married name? Does that count as notification to them?
    It should do, but who knows? Mrs PDLM hasn't changed her name - far less hassle that way. In fact the only officialdom that knows we're married are HK ImmD and IRD as far as I know. No-one else needs to. In fact the whole concept is rather obsolete in my view - we've only done it because of the clear immigration and tax benefits of doing so.
    Last edited by PDLM; 24-12-2008 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    My missus went to the consulate to get a new passport in her married name? Does that count as notification to them? Or would that be another useless department?
    To get the passport in her married name I think they would require a report of the marriage. That was one of the annoying things about all this, she had her new passport in her married name so it was obvious the marriage had been reported but this seemed insufficient evidence to Kafka and friends.

Those who can do, those who can't...work in government service

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4