Like Tree1Likes

Buying Car-bank Interest Rate?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Buying Car-bank Interest Rate?

Planning to buy a car, around HKD200,000. What would be a good financial institution / bank to borrow from and what are the interest rates now? Loan period planned around 48mth to 60mth.

In a related topic, anyone has any review/ comments on Benz A150?

3-6% interest per year maybe depending on which bank you get the HP from. If your going to be buying from a dealer then they will sort it out for you and you should get a better price as they get comission from the bank.

A150 looks weird in my opinion, it really doesnt look like a Benz, why are you going for a small car that costs so much. Why not get a C class or E class, they look much better. Anyways thats just my opinion. 2007 A150 are going for 148K - 170K (FYI)

Can't help with loan advice but the A series is good and the B series is better. They are compact and easy to park which is important when you've seen some of the multi-storey car parks. I guess everyone has there own preferences. But true, for the same cost you could get a C or E class model.

Thanks for your kind advice.
    Are you sure a C200K of around the same year (2006-2007) costs the same? I think for C200K at HKD150-170k, it's already 2002/3 model.
    I am currently driving a C200K provided by my company and this car is the use of my wife actually. Still, I think the A Class does looks nice though I prefer C class and so does she. Just that we want a Benz but new as possible (hopefully less maintenance, trouble-free etc)

Any agent/ dealer to reco? Which banks are good?

hi wholsome,

just wondering if you find any good dealer or know any bank which provide good interest rate for new car now? as we r oso in midst of souricng for me car, but prob b Toyota.

thanks!

Hi Chubbysan,
    Still have not... let's keep in touch and share notes when we have more info. Either here or my email
    Cheers

Last edited by shri; 08-01-2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Would recommend not using email addresses

Don't take a loan on a car... you borrow on items you expect to appreciate, not on items which will depreciate.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Don't take a loan on a car... you borrow on items you expect to appreciate, not on items which will depreciate.
    the voice of reason!

I agree with you.. but I do not want to put up so much cash on a car
    Are there different rates between new cars and 2nd hand cars?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    When buying a car from a dealer whether its new or 2nd hand, most people dont take a loan, its basically hire purchase type, you put 10% down and the rest of the balance is paid monthly, if you default, you loose your car thats all and get a bad credit report.

or try this bank they have HP as well but for cars less than 6 years old.
    http://www.winglungbank.com/ibanking...ff_language=En

or try this
    http://www.hitachi-capital.com.hk/eng/index.asp

I have used both before for my cars but it was through a dealer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast