Digital camera

Digital camera

As I will be in Hong Kong for the International Lionsconvention I thought i shop around for a new digital camera. Rumour has it that prices are very good in Hong Kong. I've already done my homework and want to buy a Sony DSc F828.

Has anyone any idea about prices and places to buy this camera.

Thanks in Avdance

Well I wouldnt say that the rates are amazingly good. But yes if you are lucky you can get a good deal.

The probable areas which you can see are Mangkok, do avoid the TST area though. Times square also does have these chain stores which would have more reliability in case you needed Intl warranty etc.

Avoid Nathan Road.
    Find out how much it would cost you in your own country and use that as a benchmark. Think about guarantees etc.
    There is a shop here called Fortress (equivalent of Comet or Dixons in UK) - use this as a benchmark as well and then try your luck.
    Remember that people will try and rip you off so watch out.

I have checked in Belgium and I can get the camera here for around 700 euro's with Intl warranty. 700 euro's is about 7000 HK$. Maybe I should be it in Belgium?

I never know about the warranty when buying in HK - what does everyone else think?